Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > D3 on WinXP Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DesceNewbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:23 pm Reply with quote

I found D3 on eBay and was about to buy it, but I thought I should load up the demo just to make sure it would work on my machine.

I downloaded version 2 of the demo, but as the install process starts, I get "An error occurred during the move data process: -113"

Any idea what's going on?
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, but I'm running the full version of D3 on XP for the last 4 years Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Actually, I switched to version 1 of the demo and it worked fine. Guess I'll go ahead and pony up the $2 for the full version.

thanks for the reply...maybe I'll see you in the mines!
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i played version 1 of the demo... and version 2 on the same system.

version 1 plays s-o-o-o-o-o s-l-o-w (choppy) on both my main descenting computer and my dell xps m140 laptop (very good computer...)

it only runs "fine" with the command line switch -superlowmem. and this is only performance problems.

in d3 1.4 us, i run at 1280x1024 no problem, with motionblur...

demo version 2 runs completely fine for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've run it on two different machines using XP.

It does work, but in both instances surfaces where flickering color, and when you fly close to something it phases in color.

I ran it on my computer with Vista and it works perfectly, no problems at all.
dummy.head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote

these dudes are not good listeners. everyone of them stated how it ran fine on there machine, but i noticed your question was about why you cant install it. i have the exact same problem. if you get someone to respond that has half a brain when reading a question let me know. Razz
AusRED5
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

dummy.head wrote:
these dudes are not good listeners. everyone of them stated how it ran fine on there machine, but i noticed your question was about why you cant install it. i have the exact same problem. if you get someone to respond that has half a brain when reading a question let me know. Razz

And you are any better?
Maybe you should try reading all the posts before opening your mouth? Razz Very Happy

In case you missed it. Here is the follow-up on his progress.
Guest wrote:
Actually, I switched to version 1 of the demo and it worked fine. Guess I'll go ahead and pony up the $2 for the full version.

thanks for the reply...maybe I'll see you in the mines!
Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmm

Captainkat
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmm 2 dollars, i should buy it Razz , the way i got the game is that my bro gave it to me.

Thul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote

I've had problems installing Descent 3, and the Demos under windows XP. I get the "An error occurred during the move data process: -113"

I did get it working though. The problem is the installer doesnt like any temp path longer than eight characters.

If you change your temp directory to c:\temp or something short, it works fine.

Start-Settings-Control Panel-System

Click the Advanced tab then Environment variables. It will have a section labeled "User variables for (your windows username)" change the the first TEMP from C:\documents and setting\username\ local to something like C:\TEMP and the installer will work fine.

Thulcander@gmail.com
HazCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Yes, D3 runs fine with Vista - including with the NOCD patch 1.4. HOWEVER, you MUST install it with Administrator permissions... Best way is to say 'no' to autorun, then explore the CD and right click on the installer (not the autorun). Chose run with Admin and you're golden.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol...sometimes getting the answer you need just takes a little time...

3 years in this case eh HazCat? There ya go newbie...hope that helps Wink
HazCat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote

Yeah; I decided to see about running it today (just felt like flying again, and D3 was one of the best). But looking around the bb's I didn't see anywhere with a clear posted answer. Figured I might as well do the good deed. Who knows - maybe in a month or two someone else will want to know! Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic