Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Vortex's "Relay" Function Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How do you get it to work? I've been fiddling with it for the better part of an hour, and I'm not getting anything. Anyone know anything about it?

I just want to be able to view all of my LAN games without having to enter the IP:PORT.

Ace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, if you want to see your LAN games then click on "Scan for Local Games".... Unless LAN = internet games...

As for getting it working, no, sadly, though it would be really cool to have working.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:17 pm Reply with quote

LAN = Local Area Network

And Scan For Local Games only shows the games on port 2092. Sad
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The relay is for seeing internet games as though they were local LAN games on port 2092. Run Vortex on one computer, with the relay enabled, then run D3 on another computer and scan for games.

If you want to see your LAN games, I think you're gonna have to set them up to report to a tracker and then run vortex and then do the scan.

If you want to avoid using the Internet, you're gonna have to set up a tracker on your LAN, have all your servers report to your local tracker, then set up Vortex to read that local tracker (if it's possible to use custom trackers) and turn on the relay option.
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It simply doesn't work. No internet games. Nothing. Confused

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Make sure your game client is running on port 2092. Basically, if you have a "-useport" command line option set, remove it, or do -useport 2092. Also make sure Vortex is running and that you can see the game list in Vortex.

Honestly, I don't have Vortex installed, but I remember doing it.
View previous topic :: View next topic