Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > 6DoF Game Development > Into Cerberon 0.0.3 "Quartz" Released! Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HeXetic
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

(Cross-posted from the IC website)

Far and away a large improvement on IC 002, Into Cerberon 003, code-named "Quartz", brings a stable of improvements sure to please Descent fans, including:
  • Tri-Chording
  • "Catch-free" movement model
  • Collision damage & noises, plus ship scraping noises
  • Reworked HUD
  • Fixed main menus
  • New pseudo-HDR bloom
  • New weapons: Plasma Cannon and Autocannon
  • New pickups: Shield orb & Energy box
  • New maps: Jaspos' all-new "Tumbler" and vertigo-one's "Minerva" remake
Hit up any of the following fine downloading establishments to get your hands on the 42MB download. The IC 003 package includes binaries for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Doom 3 1.3 is required.If you have a mirror, e-mail me at hexetic@hotmail.com and I'll add it to the list here.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

man... i have to install doom3 again. damn.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wth is this?

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
HeXetic
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Into Cerberon is a Descent-themed total conversion mod for Doom 3.

There are more details on our About page and on the moddb site
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

omg...and you fly a ship like Descent? This is pretty nice IMO.
Thx 4 the linkage Smile

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
HeXetic
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yes, currently players fly around mine-type maps in a custom Pyro GX model. Into Cerberon is intended to be a sort of "Descent as a modern FPS" type of thing in terms of graphics and environment. I'm the mod project's programmer and team lead.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

WillKill Does not get out very much, the door to his rock is broken!