Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Old School > DXX- Rebirth V0.50 released Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.dxx-rebirth.de/

make sure you use a new directory (IE D1X) for this and leave your orginal Descent directory untainted, also check the .ini before running

if you use and LCD use -aspect 5x4 or widescreen LCD -apsect 16x9

sample settings in d1x.ini

-aspect 5x4 -hiresfont -gl_trilinear -gl_reticle 1 -notitles -pingstats -noredundancy -playermessages -missiondir D:\Games\D1X\MISSIONS\

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
http://www.dxx-rebirth.de/

make sure you use a new directory (IE D1X) for this and leave your orginal Descent directory untainted, also check the .ini before running

if you use and LCD use -aspect 5x4 or widescreen LCD -apsect 16x9

sample settings in d1x.ini

-aspect 5x4 -hiresfont -gl_trilinear -gl_reticle 1 -notitles -pingstats -noredundancy -playermessages -missiondir D:\Games\D1X\MISSIONS\

does is support aspect 16x10?

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
AusRED5
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:07 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

yes
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Far as I know, you can have it support any resolution you want. I just got done beta testing a new build which supports 32 button sticks like the x52. (mainly to see if it breaks my config for my logitech extreme 3D Pro)

The code base for the win32 builds and linux builds are the one and same, so any fixes made for the w32 side should apply to the nix side as well. (opengl)
zico
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For resolutions I can say: 4096x4096 is the current maximum resolution you can do.

Aspect you can have everything you want: -aspectYxX

So everything is possible right now Smile
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hmm i cant wait for the sdl mode (so i can start putting up a ridiculous amount of bugs like i do with d2x-xl when playing on my laptop)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So far you have reported 3 bugs in D2X-XL. I cannot reproduce any of them. I take it you cannot count very far if '3' is already a ridiculous amount for you.

Furthermore it amazes me how many changes you have asked me to make in D2X-XL for you - and got them made - yet how bad you constantly talk about the program. Why the heck do you keep using it then?
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

D2X-XL is feature rich, has some bugs - but are conquered immediately after discovered, can be installed after you have DXX running. Make sure that you keep a seperate install for all (IE Descent/D1X/Descent2 /D2X/D2X-XL) for future updates

ALL of the updates work on anyone's system that can run the basic EXE's of Descent 1/2. They just have to edit the dxx.ini first before making the plunge

Now Enzo Twisted Evil has an issue with anyone and anything that requires user intervention, so please excuse his banter, If he can read... maybe this will help him Planet Descent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
D2X-XL is feature rich, has some bugs - but are conquered immediately after discovered, can be installed after you have DXX running. Make sure that you keep a seperate install for all (IE Descent/D1X/Descent2 /D2X/D2X-XL) for future updates

ALL of the updates work on anyone's system that can run the basic EXE's of Descent 1/2. They just have to edit the dxx.ini first before making the plunge

Now Enzo Twisted Evil has an issue with anyone and anything that requires user intervention, so please excuse his banter, If he can read... maybe this will help him Planet Descent

hey bubbalou...

shut up
it doesnt take a surgeon to figger that out with the ini files and the separate directories

and its not my fault if you have an issue with anyone and anything without the iq of a bean.

and diedel i use the version that crashes on collisions way too much.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
it doesnt take a surgeon to figger that out... its not my fault if you have an issue with anyone and anything without the iq of a bean.

Confirmed.... he does not even have an IQ of a bean

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LMAO! Very Happy
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i need to stop typing on the fly, that results in my posts that say different from what i meant to say...

and anyone who has to have the proof to know that what bubbalou said is true must be worse than me.

i think this thread should either go back on topic or be closed before it becomes about me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ok since i do have time to check everything i say its time to dissect my own post:
[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
hmm i cant wait for the sdl mode (so i can start putting up a ridiculous amount of bugs like i do with d2x-xl when playing on my laptop)

the bugs... i meant say post a ridiculous amount of bugs in dxx-r (it is buggier. i am scared. Surprised Neutral ) like i have posted a few bugs at sourceforge for d2x-xl (which i have never taken much time to figure out too well). but guess what, savegames wont usually do shit if you want one; all they put in is what mission and level ur in, positional data, difficulty, what doors/walls/textures are open/closed/blown, what objects are actually in the level, and what pwrups u have, if not more.
some things in there may help.

Diedel wrote:
So far you have reported 3 bugs in D2X-XL. I cannot reproduce any of them. I take it you cannot count very far if '3' is already a ridiculous amount for you.

Furthermore it amazes me how many changes you have asked me to make in D2X-XL for you - and got them made - yet how bad you constantly talk about the program. Why the heck do you keep using it then?

only feature i remember asking for that actually got put in (that i know of) and that would be the monsterball object. shame i had changed the monsterball's skin to something really awesome just as i was reading that you had already made something of ur own.
if i recall, the thing with the smoke was not put in... Sad and alot of the other bugs i find were either already posted or are in an obsolete version (i take it the new version doesnt fake collisions. even in lobber's level, vuck, ill be flying around and... ERROR.)

ill need to dl the new version sometime and see if smoke is still all black with ogl real-time lighting on.

now if you two are gonna nag at me cuz u obviously think ur both so "smart" and im such a dumbass, you can pm me the crap. otherwise, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 I really think you need to stop posting on this forum, every post so far made by you has turned out for the worst... for you that is.

We have tried to be civil with you but unfortunately you take everything out of context and make AceCombat look like a saint with your attitude and ranting on every forum you have posted on

You ask for help, but never accept it and make it out to be an attack
We ask you questions or descriptions, you give one or two worded answers
We attempt to ignore you on KALI in hopes that you leave...but you dont
Programmers ask for feedback and you rant about nothing... yet give the 'ol " he said she said " BS.
You quote us like we care- and yet you can not find the edit button

Your AOL antics are annoying to say the least

You need the BOOT from this board!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
i think this thread should either go back on topic or be closed before it becomes about me.

You are the one that went off topic in the first place. Razz
[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:

What does that have to do with DXX- Rebirth V0.50 released and its supported aspects?

Nothing. Rolling Eyes
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

And people wonder why I put that retard on //ignore on kali months ago. Seriously Enzo, you're bringing this shit on yourself dude. Just stop.
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ROFLMAO @ Bubbalou's links - I was in tears from laughing! Very Happy

Enzo,

#1 I added the extra smoke options for you.
#2 It is entirely your fault if you use older D2X-XL versions containing bugs that have been fixed in later versions (collision crashes)
#3 You cannot count very far.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

1. i see that you have added the new smoke options in the latest build
2. which obviously means that i have the latest version of d2x-xl, which still has some random crashes.
3. you dont decide how far i can count

i did not change the topic, aus-red-5 you prove nothing you retard.
"I CANT WAIT FOR THE SDL MODE" what the hell does that mean to you?

Quote:
We have tried to be civil with you
lie
Quote:
but unfortunately you take everything out of context and make AceCombat look like a saint with your attitude and ranting on every forum you have posted on
then you dont know true problems.
Quote:
You ask for help, but never accept it and make it out to be an attack
after someone calls me a dumbass for posting such a problem
[quote]We ask you questions or descriptions, you give one or two worded answers[quote]probably cuz alot of them are the exact answer to the question
Quote:
We attempt to ignore you on KALI in hopes that you leave... but you dont
you should know by now that does not work
Quote:
Programmers ask for feedback and you rant about nothing... yet give the 'ol " he said she said " BS.
You quote us like we care- and yet you can not find the edit button

if you can prove the last part ill go away (from the board) for awhile.
good luck.

edit: so yes, i can you the edit button, you lose.
anyways, to sum this crap up, i dont know how this topic came to be d2x-xl as i only intended to mention it and that i will post bugs on both of them now, etc. , and there i do know how this topic came to me. well, ill leave you all to fret about how so fucking stupid i am all you want. i dont want to have any part in it any more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think its time for a thread split to NHB
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

HEY Enzo's back!!!

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
1. i see that you have added the new smoke options in the latest build
2. which obviously means that i have the latest version of d2x-xl, which still has some random crashes.
3. you dont decide how far i can count.

1. It wasn't in the latest build
2. which proves that you are not using it
3. I am just making educated guesses Razz
AusRED5
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
i did not change the topic, aus-red-5 you prove nothing you retard.
"I CANT WAIT FOR THE SDL MODE" what the hell does that mean to you?

LMAO!

Just like a 10 year old.
You have to call people names to feel better about yourself. Rolling Eyes

Its ok Enzo, I understand.
Carry on. Razz
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Actually a 15 year old is not a good bashing target to me, how bad he may ever behave (and I have seen way worse people than Enzo).

Enzo,

you lack respect for others. Acquire some, chill out before posting, and you will get along amazingly well. Wink
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i do have respect for others but sometimes i just refuse to show it and then it burdens me like it has here.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:43 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You just don't get it do you Enzo? Diedel goes out of his way to square things away, and you just flip out on him. I don't exactly care for the dude, but that was uncalled for. Quite frankly, I think you deserve every bit of flak you've gotten already. You claim you have respect for others, but when you get corrected on ANYTHING you act like they beat your mother. Dude, if this is how you act in real life, I wouldn't be surprised if you get beat up on a daily basis. That kind of an attitude is going to get you hurt one day, and the sad thing is you don't even realize it. I suggest you get a prescription for some chill pills or something dude.
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:
i do have respect for others but sometimes i just refuse to show it and then it burdens me like it has here.

Listen Enzo,

not showing respect means not having it. Leaving a shop w/o paying for the goods you got there is theft, whether you have money or not. You should start to admit that you are wrong if you are, and back up now. Your behaviour is pretty antisocial at times, and constantly trying to justify bad behaviour no matter what doesn't help you the slightest bit. It may be hard to believe for you, but some humility at the right time is part of a good character and an ingredient to a happy and successful life. You should make a start now and apologize to a few people here. I am sure they will forgive you.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i AM not taking chill pills! Razz
i dont need them
/me twitches Twisted Evil

sorry for the bullcrap ive been saying above, but

i really AM antisocial, and i dont believe in any such thing as a happy life (if anyone had a truly happy life, how would we know what it was?)

but yes, i will start giving out my apologies
sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow I haven't read this in quite a while. Based on the posts, It doesn't look like I missed much. Anyway, if anyone is actually playing D1Xrebirth or D2x xl multiplayer for that matter, what is the best time and where should I look. I long for some nostalgia and would like to play some.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

on kali , rangers server (#104), they play there on a somewhat regular bases
INTERNETRACECAR
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

We've been playing the hell out of D1x Rebirth over Hamachi, at least a game a night. PM me if you want the details, it's a riot.

[13:32] <+[HK]_Neo> Real pilots would have said "I have to go to work now. When can we do this?"
[13:33] <+[HK]_Neo> or " can you play at such and such a time?"
[13:33] <NeoTheSubwayKing> real pilots fly planes, not internet spaceships
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sorry Bro, KALI dominates the Descent Community, only noobz and cheap mofo's flock to PXO/IRC/hammachi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some of us have ass routers (THX WRT54G v5) and can't use Kali no matter what we do. I'm looking into getting another one, though, because Hamachi, while handy, is finicky as hell.

[13:32] <+[HK]_Neo> Real pilots would have said "I have to go to work now. When can we do this?"
[13:33] <+[HK]_Neo> or " can you play at such and such a time?"
[13:33] <NeoTheSubwayKing> real pilots fly planes, not internet spaceships
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

kali works fine on any Linksys router - wireless on the other hand you on your own

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I have that very same router and it works just fine for kali. Believe it or not, I haven't had to powercycle it for nearly a month now since I got the latest firmware for it. Catch me on the VON ts2 server sometime around 10pm CST and I'll see what I can do for ya.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

WRT54G = Linksys.

Kali doesn't work good on it.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic