Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > DBB Distributed Computing > Got an ATi X1900 series card ? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Try the Folding@Home GPU client. 4x more points Smile
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow, using the gpu to process info, cool.
NedPilot
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I just re-started folding after many months

I wonder if they'll ever do nVidia GPUs
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

They probably will w/ the next generation GPUs (need unified shaders..)
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Confused Aw, won't work with my ATI x850 series card.

Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How much extra heat does that generate in your case...cool idea though.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Lots. I tried it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

they need a NVidia version too, i have 3 puters with NVidia cards

Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I got a X1950pro last month in my game machine. Loving the performance for gaming, but I decided to throw the GPU client on it last night since the weather is cooling down here.

First WU turned in ran about 8.5 minutes per step. Total time for a 330 point WU was around 14 hours. Calculates out to about 550 PPD if left running uninterupted.

If memory serves me right, this is about the same PPD I was getting with the SMP client on my old dual xeon 3.2. I think a modern dual core or quad core on SMP could blow these numbers out of the water. I don't think this is a big point monger solution like a PS3 is, but still pretty respectible for a $160 piece of equipment.
View previous topic :: View next topic