Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > d3 problem... Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i installed descent 3 on a relatively new computer :

Intel celeron cpu 2ghz
256 mb ram
sigmatel audio
intel chipset

and thats pretty much all i got now. brand? tki is all i can see on the front.
i dont know this computer well since its not mine-its a friend's but he insisted i post this since i have the account and hes actually pretty much stupider than me... a rarity amoungst society.

the problem is that as soon as the type a name for your pilot screen comes up, and i do anything (move mouse, type letter, etc.) the other programs bleed in and the computer switches to the other program (like internet explorer)

since i never had this problem on my computer i decided to post this despite the fact that the problem is not on my computer, but someone elses.

he is afraid of the internet Razz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is he able to switch back by using alt+tab or by clicking on the task bar?
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

both

after he switches back, it does the exact same thing again when he tries to resume.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He may need a non-integrated video solution.

Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

yep. Also, tell him to try OpenGL if he hasn't already.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

its not the rendering options, neither ogl (which was what he was using at the time of this incident) or direct 3d work.

i had already told him direct 3d would not work with his card very good.
we tried it anyway, no dice.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I guess he should probably buy a video card then.
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I agree. You can buy a video card that will pwn D3 for like $40.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 2:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

disable the advanced features (software)of whatever non standard keyboard he has on that system or had on that system or touch pad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

the video card is probably an intel extreme graphics card or something like that, i usually dont get into new computers much however. if it is, the card may not be the problem as the game will run with that card (duh).
i had him run his descent 3 demos 1 and 2 and both work fine (but the full version has filtering and all the others bells and whistles that un-uglify the game)

what do you mean by non standard keyboards? and there is no touchpad, its not a laptop and i never have seen (in person) a touchpad for a desktop, why the hell anyone use that?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He means keyboards that have media key buttons that you have to have software running in the background to take advantage of.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
He means keyboards that have media key buttons that you have to have software running in the background to take advantage of.

the thing strange about that is he does not have one but his doesnt wrk, and i do, but mine DOES wrk...

so now what?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:58 pm Reply with quote

and now, i have another problem with d3, this time on my own computer. and it is exactly the same as it has always been, maybe with the exception of some disk space...

im trying to get used to the tank. what a better level to get used to tight spaces in a big ship than BI3?!!@!

well...
every time i get into a netgame on that level, with the tank, and when i happen to be tri-fusion-trigger-happy, the game crashes:

the monitor makes that clicking noise often heard in crashes, and what i get is a frozen screen of what last happened (like a screenshot that stays on until i press alt-ctrl-del), first at normal color, then dims slightly (just in case that is needed for description).

the only way to get out of it is to press alt-ctrl-del once, which will bring up the bluescreen with the alt-ctrl-del warning...
and i only have to press once for it to come up, so no pressing enter to exit program after alt-ctrl-del...

if i press any other key, it goes back to the frozen screen. so i have no other choices but to restart the computer or turn it off; annoying!
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

you know, there is the possibility that that could have ACTUALLY have been me...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

try pressing enter when you get a crash...It should close the (hidden) dialog box and bring you bakc to the desktop.

Oh wait... Blue Screen? You're on win98? How last decade is that Wink

[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thing is, i only press alt-ctrl-del once and the bluescreen comes up. i dont get the chance to press enter on the hidden screen, only the chance to "press any key to continue" and return back to the frozen screen or restart computer/turn off computer with powerswitch. i know what you are talking about because i have done it before, alot, and not just with d3...

yes i am on win98, thats why i have claimed to never have needed d1x/d2x. duh.
and i have seen a win-xp professional with a bluescreen error, does this physical memory dump type thing. its on my school's network though.
other than the that fact they are pretty fast, and can handle most new programs (games), they are still pieces of crap.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So have you tried to hit enter before trying ctrl-alt-del. I'm just saying try it, it's worked for me. In the distant past when I was on win98 Smile

enzo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote

yes.
as i said, nothing works
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Enzo, if everything is always so obvious to you then you should just figure it out yourself. Like totally duh.
enzo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:15 am Reply with quote

Neutral

guess what? i still havent figured out any solutions.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Windows XP = Teh Solution.

[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Windows XP = Teh Solution.

xp = xtra problems because maybe, oh yeah, i think i did mention that the original problem i posted was ON XP...
and i still have no solution to it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's because you're being an ass and nobody wants to talk to you. =)
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Suncho wrote:
That's because you're being an ass and nobody wants to talk to you. =)

well im too damned tired of this problem and since no one wants to give any help, close the topic. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

to succeed you must have the patience of a constipated turd, grasshopper
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He can not help it, it's the AOL in him