Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > DBB Distributed Computing > Forgive me Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vindicator
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Its been 3 weeks since I reformatted my dual Xeon system... and I havent felt the need to reinstall 4 instances of Folding.

sigh... I've lost the religion Neutral
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Oh man, c'mon and get it back. We are still folding and we still need you. Your are one of our leading contributors and we'd love to have you get it all back to normal ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, Vindi, get with it. You absense is making my lowly XP's work overtime. Very Happy

Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

While were on the bad news the laptop can fold no more I guess it is overheating. Sometimes it would lockup, crash, some keys stop working, but the other day it would not boot up. Had a blue screen and an error something like Unmountable_boot_volume. Had to find the XP home disk do a repair and let chkdsk /f run for 3 hours till it would boot again.

Since the Warranty ended on the 10th it's time to stop risking melting it.
AceCombat
SpongeBob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

my Dually P-II is still crunching.

Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well you're in luck... I looked in my Folding folder and it still had the program and the shortcuts (with the -config flag) to get all 4 set up as services. So yeah, I'm back on board. (needed to test out my new cooling system anyway Wink) What team are we folding for nowadays?

Darkshadow: Considered picking up a laptop cooler (one of those pads with fans in it that your laptop sits on)?
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Awesome! Team is Stresstests #39070

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I tried my laptop. Can you say "griddle?"

Linux folding seems to work.
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool. I have a linux box at work that folding. I haven't had a single problem w/it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Razz
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:43 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I still have yet to build my dual xeon comp. I got the processors, and theyre sitting around here somewhere with that pin covered, but I have yet to buy even a single other part for it.
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had better get busy or my ass is grass.