Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Paper Pyro Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well when you are bored you do some crazy things

started this about for about an hour yesterday, had to reconfigure the template for the build a couple of times before a semi completed form appeared with regular printer paper. Then I will build a official cardstock model

this is a paper model of the Pyro GL from Descent 3, will do the rest later. Then I will be creating the other ships templates and models. These are just test builds for wooden desktop models

3 Pages

Added the magnum - this one was fun
filled the interior with packing peanuts

4 Pages

Added The Phoenix/Advanced

4 Pages

PM me for Actual Templates

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool! I want one! Smile That's really cool lookin'.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Dude, that is completely awesome. How the hell?
WarDoG
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Very Frickin' NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
judas
FDNY Ret.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

koolness ~ Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Updated magnum - Pheni next

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

well, words are not enough .... most impressive John wow I want the set ..... I mean it! Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

this is the second time bubba has shown himself to be a master artisan..

fkn awesome man...they are perfect!
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Any chance we could get the template on a white BG?

Very cool stuff. Smile
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:37 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rook, which one?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

that is quite possibly the coolest thing i've seen. I'll be having a GL wooden model now. holy cow.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i cant stop staring at these man...they are really incredible...

the templates posted here are the original size?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Very cool indeed. Nice work! What size paper are they designed to be printed on?

tancients
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, definately very nice.

Are you splicing the 3-d models in order to get the shapes? Or are you using artistic talent to pixel the shapes?

Maybe I should steal the measurements for the pyro from you so I can scale them accordingly for my little(big!) project. hehe
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PyroGL please Smile or both. It will just make it easier to print.
OO7GUY
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

SWEET!!! I have to have all three
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Updated added Phoenix

I have been printing mone out on 8.5" x 11" paper/cardstock
I will redo the pyro in cardstock since that was my first victim and it was only on paper

PM me for actual scaled Templates

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
PM me for actual scaled Templates

why not just upload the templates for everyone to share? Very Happy

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How the heck do you do that? (make the templates) And are you making one for the BP?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

d3jake wrote:
How the heck do you do that? (make the templates) And are you making one for the BP?

just buy some black construction paper... then hide it in the shadows somewhere... Razz

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

im not even gonna ask how you created the templates...

im simply amazed and will remain so...
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

working on the BP now - unfortunately it's not the weekend were I can go nonstop..and this one is going to be different (like the magnum). Unlike the other models I will have the wing openings in the hull, instead of cutting them by hand through guess work. then I will do the same for the Phoenix and the GL and GX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow bubba I'm sincerely impressed. Nicely done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

poor neo...torn between hating bubba and loving these ships so much...

heh
psion
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nice work, I had little success doing the same thing with this program because I gave up on it.

http://www.tamasoft.co.jp/pepakura-en/
judas
FDNY Ret.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it takes a "vision" in one's mind to be creative, an artist and John, you proved hands down you are ..... truly amazing work - keep it up bro ~ Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Man, keep up the good work!
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

working on stage 2

Reworked designs, better textures(on the second half of that)

WIP Pyro Master for Resin Kit/rubber silicon Mold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wait.... where's the BP model?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I love it Very Happy
Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

damn!
waaaaay cool!

Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Awsome work! ninja
Badboy
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

man I want one deffinetly you could put these on your desk and stuff. Do you think you could put the templates on white though, so that it doesnt print black for the background.

Theese are awesome. Smile

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I just looked at this again also. How did you produce those things anyhow?
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

editied a model and imported into a program

BADBOY those are just examples you want the goods pm me