Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Forum Support and Feedback > Request for "ignore" feature/filter Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm tired of reading posts from certain individuals that try very hard to be "badass" by decorating every sentence w/ at least one "nsht" "fkn" or whatnot adolescent crap that comes to their mind w/o even providing contens.

So, could we have an ignore feature please ?
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

if you use firefox nsht there's a fucking ignore extension nsht ... go get that and stop being a whiny bitch.

oh... and since you don't think this individual adds any content, just skip the fucking posts. there's a nickname and an avatar and its wrapped in a box, just scroll past it.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:
if you use firefox nsht there's a fucking ignore extension nsht ... go get that and stop being a whiny bitch.

Or you could try expaning your vocabulary..?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i use nsht and fkn all the time...because i think it reads more like i talk..

im going to assume gren is talking about me as i have tried very hard to coin the terms fkn and nsht...in fact at one point i think we were talking about me trying to have nsht trademarked......nsht..

cheers......be all mad nsht..
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

d3jake wrote:
++fyrephlie++ wrote:

my vocabulary is fine, i just don't waste the keystrokes on the dbb.com in every post. mmkay thx.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

phlie is right. It works great, as well.

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1045/
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's "waist", get it wrong next time, 'k? Wink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

before gren installs his new plug in i just wanted to take the opportunity to say...um..later bro Razz
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:28 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:

oh... and since you don't think this individual adds any content, just skip the fucking posts. there's a nickname and an avatar and its wrapped in a box, just scroll past it.

We should make Fyre ".net customer relations"

d3jake wrote:
++fyrephlie++ wrote:

yeah expan that dude

JBOMB wrote:
i have tried very hard to coin the terms fkn and nsht.

fkn is mine bastid

JBOMB wrote:
before gren installs his new plug in i just wanted to take the opportunity to say...um..later bro Razz

rofl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think this is a side-effect of our liberal board philosophy. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to regulate it without this board becoming another heavily moderated board, and in that case, why even have this board.

If anyone can come up with any ideas, put em here, please.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

++fyrephlie++ wrote:

You'd almost think fyre took this personal...

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i dunno...i dont see the "offending" terms in question here any differently than i would any other internet shorthand or catch phrase...

pwned
teh
haxor
bah
j00
sux0r
sk1llz
ph33r

all useless as everyday venacular but they do have their place in net history...

I would argue that we are pioneers of "nsht" and "fkn" and should embrace them...I dunno...i dont see it as such a big deal..gren has the fix and most certainly cant see this anyway because im probably offender #1 when it comes to "fkn" "nsht"...

But like most netisms i think they are pretty harmless...

my unseen 2 cents....
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150925

That should alleviate Grendel's problem. Smile Also, if Mobius (or that bitch Bettina) show up those that don't care for him can slap him on ignore and all is well. Smile

Bun: You expect less from fyre?
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150925

That should alleviate Grendel's problem. Smile Also, if Mobius (or that bitch Bettina) show up those that don't care for him can slap him on ignore and all is well. Smile

Bun: You expect less from fyre?

I've looked at that and a few other word censor mods but haven't found one that isn't either riddled with bugs or full of bloat and security holes. There is one mod that seems really nice, which would allow the admins to toggle the word censor on a per-forum basis, but it's dependent on the huge Attachment Mod by Acyd Burn which allows users to attach files to posts, which we dont want or need here.

If someone can show me a simple mod to either let users toggle the word censor or let the admins do it on a per-forum basis, I will implement it.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'd prefer the ignore feature over censoring. Most ppl here know when to use appropriate swearing, it's the ones that think swearing is more important than anything else I'd like to ignore.
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Somehow I"m forced to agree with him...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So basically, in summary, Grendel is saying "Fck inappropriate swearing" nsht, eh?

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

har har Smile

ok i have the real fix....

nstf and frkn

heh....change the filter so if someone types nsht or fkn it turns into that.

(note: this is temporary and must be changed back later as we can't not use nsht i frkn love it)
Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's just a typed word. Keep your eyes closed. Razz

H -E-doubble hockey sticks yes! for unlawful carnal knowledge that filter and feces.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol ... sorry i read the post when i was tired and drunk ... NSHT ... and was like... jesus, just don't read the posts then!

as to the amount of fluff people like jbomb and myself, and many others here throw around; until dbb.com is a valid news organization, it will just be a bb... Smile

Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MOD business: MD try and lay off the personal attacks/name calling please. go call her names to her face (or her bb at least) if you are mad at her mkay? shes a 15 year old girl or something dude just chill
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Greasemonkey would allow you to self-censor webpages.

i'm just downloading it now, coz it's a powerful tool used for all kinds of things. I'll see if i can work out a FKN & NSHT censor for you, coz i'd hate for eevryone to be dropping off everyone's screens in some lame ignore feature.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

arrite! install this:
http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/

then install this:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/source/2287.user.js

all taboo words will be turned into fluffy bunny words of joy.

(you may want to add your own words into the code as well (just save the code, edit it in notepad + save, then drag the file into firefox). As i'm not sure NSHIT & FKN are in there). I'll do it for you if you want.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Let me clear that -- I never said I'm against swearing. I just don't like to read posts that are nothing more than a conglomeration of swearing. Serious waste of time IMHO. Since that can be nailed to nicks, I'd prefer not to see them -- saves me time. Hence the feature request. And don't tell me not to read them, it's impossible not to read at least a sentence of a posting while looking for the next one. Razz
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

in other words, posts almost like the final one that cot me banned from the .net

cept i wasnt trying to be "badass" as you put, i was angry ncht over getting crap for being stupid.

and then theres also ncht, iceman's usual spelling that i adopted for use in a sentence: "HOLY CHICKEN CHT!" and now it usually comes before i can think of using the s.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't find a mod that isn't buggy or isn't some huge pain in the ass to install. Help me out, guys.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rook wrote:
..... shes a 18 year old girl or something dude just chill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

BUBBALOU wrote:
Rook wrote:
..... shes a 18 year old girl or something dude just chill

what difference does her age make? She's not a bitch, she's a girl who's a bit naive. No reason to call her a bitch. Personal attacks are bad, mmkay.
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Even we have standards!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Incase you're curious Pun, theres a "no-doublepost" mod on there too.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

makes no difference to me, just fixed the age for Rook - now she can go to lan parties nsht Wink

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Just FYI ... Firefox plugin doesn't work for 1.2 ... only for 0.9 t0 1.0+

Pun wrote:
what difference does her age make? She's not a bitch, she's a girl who's a bit naive. No reason to call her a bitch. Personal attacks are bad, mmkay.

Now thats class. I see how she berates you over and over and over and instead of playing her game you act like an adult and get on with life.
WarDoG
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Disciple wrote:

Pun wrote:

Now thats class. I see how she berates you over and over and over and instead of playing her game you act like an adult and get on with life.

So there! nsht!
Vindicator
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Disciple wrote:

Works fine for me in 1.5, which is what you should be using anyway Razz I've been using it for a while now, works pretty well. Theres a few people on here and the .net that I have blocked. The list of blocks gets wiped out whenever Firefox autoupdates but thats not a big deal.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wont install for me. says not compatible with 1.5
Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic