Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > 6DoF Game Development > Omega Wing Zero - Updates Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zanboo
Orion Wing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

We've renamed ("Orion Wing")
We've announced (on PHL, ModDB, HLFallout, HL.net and others)
We're making steady pace as can be seen from our redesigned website (http://www.blackened-interactive.com/owing)

Figured I'd give you guys an update, join the forums and start in the discussion if you wish. I love you all. Zanboo out. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks much, Zanny. Keep up the good work. The latest renders look freakin unreal! I changed your tag accordingly.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That looks kick ass!
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

first glance i thought he said he renamed it onion wing... which sounded conspicuously like a bw3's type of thing....

but OMG i can't wait...

/me loves the source engine!!!

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Zanboo
Orion Wing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Movement/Mapper build in two weeks. Very Happy

Er, to clarify, this is all movement, physics and control code... nothing more.
But it'll give our mappers a taste of exactly what OW will feel like with player sizes, distances, etc. as well as give me something to do in the wee hours of the morning, flying around in 6DoF aimlessly for hours....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

are you planning to use the source engine's physics cababilities to produce ZERO and LOW gravity maps?

i.e. a map that might actually have the tendency to pull your ship down... or perhaps based on how the 'mine' is built, to the side even? something that will require a little more skill to pilot.

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Gosh that would be annoying.
Zanboo
Orion Wing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

We have full movement code in right now and are tweaking it to feel just like Descent.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

sweet!
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:12 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

which Descent?
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh I always forget there were 2 others before they got it right. Twisted Evil
Zanboo
Orion Wing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Descent tres.

I think you guys will be impressed.

*edit* oh, that is a sexy, sexy avatar.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

sweet. I'm glad we're on the same page. Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic