Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > adam is a penis but he's right Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Not everyone is impressed with your ability to cook, crappy rock music, your arcane knowledge of gourmet cuisine, computers, or guns. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't mean it's bullcrap. It does mean you're self-important jerks if you think it is. Just saying.

Some people know how to be more direct about it, right, Adam?

Idiot.

Insults are only okay when moderators and admins do it!
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The simple fact that either (or both) of you think that we care whether or not you (or anyone else) is somehow impressed by the things we share is a rather telling indicator about your own personality. Friends share and discuss things that are important to them - so if cooking (or music or computers or guns or whatever) is something we care about, we share our experiences and reach out to others to discuss them and to share theirs.

Above all, this board started as a gathering of friends that felt that they were not welcome elsewhere in the community due to some fundamental differences in viewpoint.

It's not a competition. It's a collaboration.

Just because you don't care about their conversation(s) doesn't give you some inherent right to denigrate them. Talk about self-important! If you don't have anything to contribute other than your own derisiveness, perhaps you could just keep it to yourself. Go ahead and feel superior if that's all you have to get you through the day. It's a hollow comfort though. Nobody feels sorry for those who intentionally set themselves up as the perpetual outsider/victim.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool story, pro, but I already agreed with him the same day he first spoke out against the self-appointed leaders of Descent, because it's just true (or about 90% of it). There's nothing to "emulate."

[Insert something really really nice here even though I have mean things elsewhere]

[insert something thought-provoking that pun and his evil cohorts just happen to care about here]
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Whatever. Just don't be a douche, K?

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I just joined The Westboro Baptist Church.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You and your 34 illegitimate children can blow me. We are protecting Beyonce at concerts, I still don't understand what we are protecting. It's not like it's Nina Simone or someone who actually matters. We're protecting a drum machine, 25 dancers, and I can't remember what the song is called.
<3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I got a right to pea spreach and all the media I get my information from is accurate. All the spreach peaing you reading is inaccurate. Because, I'm some wise sage out of nowhere that just knows things that you don't know, somehow.

That's my argument.

Here's a picture of my freedom burger and my great American blood clots. There are no other human beings on the planet Earth. Only Americans that pea spreach with the accurate information they obtained somehow because of their vast wisdom; know the truth.