Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > finding a game Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i've even branched out into d1 - d2 to find game... restricted (denied signal) i am wanting a game.
Norcimo
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:35 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, most of the days there is a big game of Subway Dancer (Which I hate).
It happens mostly between 16:00-18:00 UTC.
That game have some days more then 6 players, and not so far ago I had there a game of 11 (!) players.

Hope that I helped Smile
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Problem is I just can't do that subway prancer, thx tho. (I don't get it either)
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OK. I LOL'd.

Subghey Cancer for the lose.

Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

"finding a game" -- doesn't seem to be possible.

I've been checking in to the tracker pretty consistently the past few days and there isn't anything besides those bots..

Very discouraging.

damn you.
LvlSevenBoss
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's somewhat rare to find a game going on the tracker. If you want a game, you have to join what you like and go get a drink, make a phone call, mow the lawn, then when you get back, you might have a person to play! Smile

Try starting the game yourself during prime time.

Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, what Ryujin said.
I either read a book or make a drawing while I wait.
Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

When is "prime time".. When are people most likely to be playing? Every time I read the word BOZ before a player name is a little stab to my heart

damn you.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+prime+time

Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Late afternoon and evenings I'm checking the trackers. If you see "Fiend's Decoy", that's me attempting to start a game while I'm nearby (on a diff comp etc.)
edit: There have been some big Damage and Veins games past few days during this time on DRH.
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I turned my "Fiend's decoy" computer into a d3 dedi. It starts at 4 pm central. It's scripted. Diff level every day. (1 server w/ 1500kpbs up framecap 0, insane wep refresh)
Meatball
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

join us on sunday thats when a bunch of us get together and have a sunday morning smack down around 8am cmt.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks for the post, good to know.

damn you.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Fiend wrote:
There have been some big Damage and Veins games past few days during this time on DRH.

Damage? Ooooh... <considers jumping in>

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:40 am

But I second the motion nonetheless Wink

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, %&*^. Confused

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm down for some nice anarchy
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

In other news, Fiend should be showing up any day now.

Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:07 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

He's already out

Behemoth wrote:
I'm down for some nice anarchy

This.

edit: Foil when do you usually play?

damn you.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Money! wrote:
Foil when do you usually play?

Lately, I don't.

I might be able to make time if I know a game will be active in advance, but otherwise I don't have time to just get on and wait for others to join, like I used to.

[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I had tried looking for a game in the past but it seems like no one's ever playing.
pipsqueak
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sometimes you can catch a game at around 9 or 10 pm ish EST. I've been pretty lucky that way. You'll find 4 or five regulars playing. I hope you like SD because 99.5% of the time thats what these guys play. Also around 9am, you'll find our European friends playing.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol

Every level I've ever liked, you people made me sick of it. I liked BI3 until you all made me sick of it, but I never heard suncho try to call me out for liking that.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

well it's 9:30 and nobody's playing anything except pretzel boy. lol
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Neo wrote:
Every level I've ever liked, you people made me sick of it. I liked BI3 until you all made me sick of it, but I never heard suncho try to call me out for liking that.

You descenters never get tired of complaining about levels. Wink

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

maybe if your idiot server ops would stop hosting nooby levels
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:31 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol I crashed out and tried to rejoin then got "no response from server"

this is BS Smile

finally got in but everybody left
Do_Checkor
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If anyone would try and start a game it might be cool to launch the server as a BOZ SOD by a web interface.

This way you can modify any level / mod / settings to your likings, and instantly have a nice warmup by bashing some BOZ. I know BOZ are not the same as real players but at least you have some education while waiting for real players find the game to join.

Approved to work quite nice already.

Posted some details here:

http://www.descentbb.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20944

And I still got a second (main) SOD without BOZ.

If you want to give it a shot - let me know and I will arrange accounts for you guys...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Only problem with launching servers is people only seem to want to play skybox and subway dancer.
View previous topic :: View next topic