Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > PTMC Saloon > Kerbal Space Program! Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I decided to make a ksp thread because if any of you guys are still tinkering with it i wanted you to know that the update that is about to come out essentially puts us all back to square one, update .22 includes career mode which is essentially the game and what everyone in that community has been waiting for..

The update includes many things which ksp'rs are pretty excited about. If you were thinking about playing some ksp now is a good time to get involved.

Here's a gameplay video of the update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orLHj_eJMOs

kerbalspaceprogram.com

Edit: .22 actually went live today.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/220200/announcements/detail/1569794711402104158
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Career mode is kind of a rip off so far.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

lol..i've never seen it so....how so?
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Basically, when you log in you have a few new buildings. There's no guidance at all about what to do with them. So, there's a building where you can "hire" Kerbals, not sure what for, doesn't seem to do much at this point. Then there's another building and when you click on it it takes you to a skill tree looking thing where you can unlock parts. You unlock parts with "science". Where to gain science? Who knows? I finally figured it out by reading some /r/ksp threads, but shit, you think there'd be a tutorial. Did I mention you start with like 9 parts? No decouplers, nothing of much use other than to shoot a rocket up in the air and come down. So it's a very slow and tedious process just to unlock the basic necessities. Not sure if people will be motivated to spend countless hours unlocking all the parts that people already had in the basic kit. Especially since many consider the basic kit to be shit anyway. Also, there's no sense of achievement at all. You just gain science and buy more parts. I mean, come on. Give my Kerbal a sweet helmet or a medal or something when I achieve something great.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Lunar orbit with chewing gum and duct tape netted me 15 science, which basically isn't shit. Fun though.

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

niiiiiiice! lol

be honest....did it feel good?(getting a complete 1st orbit)

Honestly...I don't know if i can deal with career mode..I'm way more of a gimmie the entire box of lego kind of guy. I will try it though i just can't yet.

Regarding "the basic kit". I see the game itself as really a platform for all the very cool mods and plugins people have created for the game. It's one of those communities where the fan developers have created things that were even sweeter than what SQUAD was doing..which is why SQUAD hired some of them. The creator of the B9-AerospacePack was hired by squad.

These plugins are generally considered must haves:
1)Mechjeb
2)B9 Aerospace
3)Infernal Robotics
4)Universe Replacer (replaces the universe and makes planets look more realistic, also allows you to customize textures)
5)Nova Punch Pack
6)KW Rocketry
7)Chatterer (makes kerbals talk)

The only one in that list i haven't used is Universe Replacer but it looks pretty sick. I played the game for 100 hours before installing Mechjeb and after i did it made the game fun again. It's invaluable but i didnt want to push it on you guys until you had played vanilla ksp for a bit.

But yeah...congrats!
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

After that lunar orbit, I went to land the fucker and crashed it 10 feet from the damn ground. Forgot to save.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 8:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That sounds about right Very Happy The game has both high five and keyboarding smashing moments. I'm hoping to check out career mode this weekend at some point. You are already all scienced up! I like it.

Where are you Bunbun? I believe in you Mr sandbox is no fun cause the smartest kid in class is bored. Pun's landing shit on the mun ya'll....get up in this bitch. Razz
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Kinda busy. I have a Dia De Los Muertos show where I'm vending my glass stuff coming up in two weeks. When I'm not working on that, I'm grinding the AMX 50 B for the next week or two.

But I made it to Kerbin orbit and I must admit it was pretty sweet.

edit: Embedding youtube would rock for a feature.

View previous topic :: View next topic