Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > PTMC Saloon > Retrovirus Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If you haven't bought it yet -- Steam has the Indie Spring Sale going (March 21-29.) Retrovirus is currently $11.99 !!

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL I was just going to post about this sale, you beat me to it! I haven't installed it yet - downloaded it while I slept. I'll definitely be playing it this weekend.

WARNING: Neo has decided that this game does NOT meet his high standards for gaming excellence. He doesn't have a problem with the graphics or the gameplay, nor has he even tried it to see if it's any good. It's a much more nebulous and philosophical problem he has with this game. Sadly even he can't define it other than to say he's not attracted to it (and he hasn't even met it!)

Hmm. Maybe no warning is needed after all Wink

...or should I say ^_~

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hehe.

Some recent MP footage can be seen here:

AcidionTV wrote:
Hey everyone, I recently got the chance to interview Matt Enright and Nick Mazmanian. I've edited it and thrown it over some multiplayer footage (that probably makes me look better than I actually am, but that's the perks of editing it myself) and have it up here.

Hope this is entertaining for you guys, and I'll definitely be deleting more of you in the Tuesday community multiplay matches!

My Steam nick is GrendelD3 BTW.

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Haha Grendel you're famous! I see you in that video Smile

Thanks for letting us know about the sale

damn you.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I only got a chance to play for a couple hours, but it looks promising... Still trying to figure out the various weapons etc.

Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Some of the secondary functions (hit the residue w/ a scan) are fun, eg. if you run into something that shoots missiles, mines, or bullets hit it w/ the beefed up shotgun and scan -- everything they shoot gets captured by the gravity wells Smile I've stuck the shotgun into all my MP profiles as the 2nd gun. The charging injector (green "sniper" gun) works closest to the massdriver, it shots on release. Any of the three sniper guns are favorites in MP, it really caters to the mouse-look feature of the game (to any sticklers dismay I may add...) Standard grenades work surprisingly well in MP, the are "magnetic" and hard to dodge (altho you can shoot them down !) The missiles are more annoying than dangerous, I almost never use them. One laser variants 2nd effect is very usefull -- the residue slows enemies down. Laser bolts are also almost impossible to dodge (fast.)

And then there are the add-ons... Cool

[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
WARNING: Neo has decided that this game does NOT meet his high standards for gaming excellence. He doesn't have a problem with the graphics or the gameplay, nor has he even tried it to see if it's any good. It's a much more nebulous and philosophical problem he has with this game. Sadly even he can't define it other than to say he's not attracted to it (and he hasn't even met it!)

That's a lie.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, it's not. It's really not even a distortion. It's possibly mistaken - but how would anyone know?

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Because they never ask me anything, they just assume they already know.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Really? It must be that "they" decided that what you said was what you meant. How silly of "them". Obviously, from now on, when you tell us how you feel about something, we'll remember to ask you how you feel about it afterward.

Money!
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thought you guys had your own thread for this

damn you.
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wait, mouselookers have an advantage over joystick players in Retrovirus?
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Really? It must be that "they" decided that what you said was what you meant. How silly of "them". Obviously, from now on, when you tell us how you feel about something, we'll remember to ask you how you feel about it afterward.

...and I'll try to remember to care about grammar.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That won't help, because that wasn't about grammar. It was about you clearly stating something, and then implying that you had said something different.

I'd say it's about consistency, logic, or even possibly "not being an asshat."

Good luck on that. I'm pulling for you tiger!

Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Money! wrote:
Thought you guys had your own thread for this

Apparently the scope of your assumption was too limited. They have their own bulletin board for this. Wink

[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
That won't help, because that wasn't about grammar. It was about you clearly stating something, and then implying that you had said something different.

I'd say it's about consistency, logic, or even possibly "not being an asshat."

Good luck on that. I'm pulling for you tiger!

meant something different.I'mhardlygoing to proofread my posts or fix my spacebar on adead videogameforum.
View previous topic :: View next topic