Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > 6 times today I was asked for a smoke today. Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

no taxes, all food and clothing you don't have to pay for, and you want a cigarette? non. "cie in a dar fire" JIMS> swallow my hardchips.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm kicking the habit on Monday. Sad I am, the little habby was my friend through some long cold nights.
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Stop polluting my air with your cancer sticks.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

My air too jackass, I can do what I want with it.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i'll just make sure to cut a real nasty one right beside you avder.. ya know, after I have a big bowl of chili.

I doubt you'd complain about smokers after that. Smile
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
i'll just make sure to cut a real nasty one right beside you avder.. ya know, after I have a big bowl of chili.

Actually I cant smell. I had a lot of sinus issues as a kid and they had to go in there and clean out a bunch of polyps. As collateral damage, my olfactory nerves got killed too. I'll buy us both some burritos and we'll see who's ass gets louder. Hint: it will be me.

Cigarette smoke meanwhile makes it very hard for me to breathe Razz
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:

Only if your air doesn't overlap with mine. As far as I am concerned a nonsmokers right to breathe clean air supersedes a smokers privilege to pollute his own.
Spidey
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:

Said the coal fired power plant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Exactly Spidey.

And no Avder, your supposed right is no better than my right to choose what to do with my lungs. don't want to breathe bad shit? wear a mask
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Avder wrote:
Ferno wrote:

Actually I cant smell. I had a lot of sinus issues as a kid and they had to go in there and clean out a bunch of polyps. As collateral damage, my olfactory nerves got killed too. I'll buy us both some burritos and we'll see who's ass gets louder. Hint: it will be me.

Cigarette smoke meanwhile makes it very hard for me to breathe Razz

you're kidding, right? I've cleared out rooms with less.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Avder wrote:
my olfactory nerves got killed.

Are you related to SilverGST? Wink

Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Exactly Spidey.

And no Avder, your supposed right is no better than my right to choose what to do with my lungs. don't want to breathe bad shit? wear a mask

Your right to do what you want to do with yourself extends as far as it doesn't infringe on anyone else. Namely when you start polluting the air that you and another person share, unless they want to or are okay with the smoke, you are infringing on their simple right to breathe.

You damned smokers need to get over yourselves and realize that fact.
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
you're kidding, right? I've cleared out rooms with less.

I wish I was. I really do. I cant smell ANYTHING. Sure, I wont notice your chili farts, but I also don't know what a beautiful woman smells like, I haven't been able to enjoy freshly cut grass or flowers or what a freshly rained on landscape smells like since before the procedures, and my sense of taste is shot to hell too because what everyone calls taste is actually the scent of the food wafting from your mouth to your nose as you eat it, so all I get is taste-bud taste and texture. My favorite kind of pudding btw is tapioca just because its the only one that doesn't seem like a bland sweetened pile of goo. I can smell just about as good as Hellen Keller could see or hear, and while not nearly as crippling, I am missing a whole dimension of life that everyone else gets to enjoy. Also I can never live anywhere that has natural gas anything because I would never be able to detect it.

On RARE occasions I get a sensation of smell for like an hour, but I'm split between those nerves actually working for a little bit, or its something like phantom limb syndrome, where the brain is just making shit up as it goes along. Regardless of that tho it drives me batshit crazy until it goes away because I have long since lost the ability to mentally ignore any smells that somehow show up in my brain.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nope, it's a free country. Wear a mask if you don't want to breathe smoke. Or stay home with all the windows down and the doors locked.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Nope, it's a free country.

Not nearly as free as it was. There's these people, see, and they keep chipping away at our freedoms... For our own good of course. There are some 'freedoms' they don't mind, mostly the types that aren't threatening. They don't think we're smart enough or tough enough to take care of ourselves & that the world would be a better place if we just let them wrap it in bubble wrap. Oh, and they want to be in charge.

There are other people who say they want to help, but they're just as bad, because all they really want is to not have to pay taxes even though they have so much more than most of us in this country. They want to be in charge too. I guess they also would guarantee us the freedom to starve or work ourselves into early graves, after stacking the deck against us.

It's a fucked up situation.

Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Nope, it's a free country. Wear a mask if you don't want to breathe smoke. Or stay home with all the windows down and the doors locked.

Here's a better idea, you stay home and smoke and leave the clean air to the rest of us.

You're not gonna win this fight, either on here or out in the real world. Smoking bans are popping up all over the place and it's only a matter of time until the only place you can light up will be in your own home as long as there are no kids around. Is it an encroachment on your right to do what you want? Perhaps. But again we have to rank rights here. In this case the right to breathe is ranked higher than the right to do what you want. Smoking has real consequences to other people. There are people working on technologies that will allow you to confine the effect 100% to yourself and when those solutions come to market, go nuts with them, I wont care. But until then, like I said, my right to breathe clean air is more important than your ability to choose to light up.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No it's not Avder, you're a waste of life anyways.
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
No it's not Avder, you're a waste of life anyways.

It is.

I need the use of my lungs to live.

You dont need to smoke to live.

And fuck you, black lunged asshole.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I love how we're all bonding together here.

Woodchip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hahaha...you pure air promoters. I light up my wood burner in the winter and I produce more smoke than some of Zurucks posts.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's just common sense, guys. It's about who has authority in a given space.

If you gotta smoke, don't do it in non-smoking spaces.

If you're sensitive to smoke, don't go to spaces where people smoke.

Claiming that everything should be smoke-free or smoker-friendly only proves you're an ass.

Ace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hell no that don't make sense Foil, we're all a bunch of self-centered pricks that want to rule the world. Razz
Tyranny
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's about being considerate. If someone doesn't want cig smoke all up in their faces then be polite and ask before lighting up. If you're with others who smoke that's one thing but if you're around people who don't have a little respect.

Having been a smoker for 10+ years already I never lit up around others (who may or may not have been smokers themselves) without asking if It's alright with them first.

oh and Hi =D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:47 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

edit
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
I love how we're all bonding together here.

Bunyip I never viewed this forum as a place to bond. It actually reminds me of us Aussies in part.

We mock and make fun of those that are our "mates".
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, Smotie, that's called "male bonding", (as opposed to "oh I have a tampon in and I'm so emotionally tied to all you estrogen-laden, vagina-posessing illogical trollops that I want to poop my pants").

Wink

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Don't talk about that while I'm eating. Razz
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

^neo made a dirty joke Wink

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

heh

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nuh uh ^_~
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Adam, stop polluting my air with your cancer sticks.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

4+ month bump? You're outdoing yourself, Neo.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What was it? 3 posts down? Give him a break :p Not like it was resurrected from page 12 or something.

Spidey
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:21 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This forum has a page 12?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It doesn't matter either way. This forum hadn't seen anything new in months. You should be glad when someone comes by to kick adam in his "sack." Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic