Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > Is descent.cx down? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrazyEnzo03
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't seem to load descent.cx, including the server list. I'm glad for the Descent Valhalla tracker, it's just I've been so used to always going to descent.cx to get games. Is the site down?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

"Down for everyone or just me?"

Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hmm. Maybe "down" isn't quite the right word, and I probably shouldn't have said that I "couldn't load the page."

Instead, what I get when I go to the site is:
Quote:
Welcome to http://descent.cx/

This domain been suspended, please use the Registration URL link to contact your registrar

Domain Information
Query: descent.cx
Created: 29 Sep 2001 14:00 UTC
Modified: 04 Oct 2012 01:45 UTC
Expires: 29 Sep 2012 14:00 UTC
Name Servers:
ns1.easydns.com
ns6.easydns.com
remote1.easydns.com
remote2.easydns.com

Registrar Information
Registrar Name: CoCCA Registry Services (NZ) Limited | Public Registrar
Registration URL: https://secure.coccaregistry.net
Address: 11a Wynyard Street
Devonport, Auckland
Phone: +64 9 446 6370
Fax: +61 (0)2 8324 6336
Customer Service Contact: Marina Chibisova
Customer Service Email: registrar@coccaregistry.net

Is this legit?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I got the same message!! Worried.. !

damn you.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Good news - http://descentvalhalla.com/tracker/ still up!

Of course, you're joining games using Vortex, though, right?

CrazyEnzo03
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:40 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I started using descent.cx when I was on my win98SE box and, for some mysterious reason, Vortex stopped working. I can't for the life of me remember why, maybe something about not updating and being too incompetent to get whatever fix existed, or something. But I got by.

I recently redownloaded and started using Vortex again (before descent.cx apparently expired) and decided I'd just stick with it. After all, it means a lot to be able to easily also join chats full of people who just idle 24/7, right? Occasionally Vortex's auto-download doesn't give me any good links to some missions though and Descent Valhalla usually but not always has these missions.

Shouldn't be much of a problem since the only missions played are Indika, Veins, and Subway Prancer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sometimes, if vortex is interrupted during that loading screen it gets thrown all out of whack. What I found is that you can just delete and redownload vortex and it will work again. What I actually did was install vortex, set it up the way I like it, then I copied the folder. If it gets into a non-working state it's as simple as copy and paste. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can just paste it directly over the existing, that way you don't lose any chat logs or whatever you've saved.

CrazyEnzo03
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If I remember right, back when I had that problem, simply redownloading it off of slyclan.de and then deleting and reinstalling it didn't fix the problem. I think there was maybe some site that had a different version of it or something, but it's all past stuff now. Not like I had anything important on it anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:01 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Damn, again? I hope it comes back up. More choice is better for the community.

Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Speaking of which..

...it's back. But it doesn't seem to show all the servers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Never did anyway.

Too legit to quit?
View previous topic :: View next topic