Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > old school desktop just for D3 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaAGY
cock-bronzer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

what would be the ideal PC for running D3?

Looking back I think the last time I played I was running an 800Mhz machine with less than 1Gb RAM and a voodoo 3 graphics.

would also have to be 3D Pro compatible as I still have two in my attic waiting for a return Smile

suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

old pentium 4 with a couple gigs and XP. Some creative sound card with a game port, youd be straight.

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm making 2 more converters for some friends on Kali and have to order parts anyways. I'm making one more batch for whoever wants one then I'm retired. If your hung up on the 3d Pro, you will need one.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

D3 runs fine on basically any decent machine.

The only reason to restrict yourself to XP is if you want to use your 3DPro with a gameport. If you use Grendel's USB converter (this is what Flip is referring to, and it's highly recommended), you can use it on Vista/7/8.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:14 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I get some minor weirdness in Vista, but it works fine.

I have a 1.7 ghz pentium with a voodoo 5 and 2 GB RAM that I used in the past which was gorgeous.

Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:44 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

D3 runs fine on my modern system, although the old timetest secret2.dem mode finishes in 2 seconds at >1000 FPS average. No need to restrict yourself to an older rig, the only glitch that is really annoying with D3 is a video driver bug that causes the menu / in-between level loading screens to mess up, but that one has been around for years.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
HaAGY
cock-bronzer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

im a mac fanboy now, so thats why i want to stick with xp and old gear..

won't be using that machine for *anything* other than d3 Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://glasgow.craigslist.co.uk/sys/3037137909.html

View previous topic :: View next topic