Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Multiplayer > descent 3 multiplayer live stream ? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
puffer1
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

HI GUYS I was wondering if anyone was interested maybe this weekend of trying some live descent 3 multo games via justin.tv. I tried it last week and it was pretty cool. let me know what ya think. We can have open lobby games ppl can watch or join in. here what it looks like from last week ,2 vids up on my youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/P1U2F3F4E5R

Peace out
Darktalyn
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It's a very cool idea, Puffer. I've thought about trying this myself but don't know how to set it up.

Can you explain how you get this working? Does it impact gameplay at all (slow-downs or otherwise?) For me, I can't record demos now because they cause my laptop to stutter. This could be a cool alternative and in some ways its better cause it would allow jumping to any point in the movie.
puffer1
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ok what im using right now is a program called dynno for streaming to justin tv or to ustream.You also can use fme 2.5 or 3.0. all u need to do is add in your web info for justin or ustream then hit play . It streams it out over the net and whens its done,you have a recording of the game. Now if u got a high end system u can get hdpvr hook that up to monitor like a ps3 or xbox and there ull be able to record ga,meplay.
puffer1
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ill watch for you and ryu online playing. and if u are , ill try come in and can stream to show u what it looks like . see live game play.
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i am interested, but i suck... i do wiggle alot tho
(week+)
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i've never recored games... but i did stream on my LAN.
i set my vid card to "clone" and the 2nd monitor to s-video out.
then i ran the s-video out to a capture card on a separate computer, which ran a video server.
i used a 3rd computer to connect to the video server (on a separate subnet) to play the video.
the result was an ongoing "instant replay". the vid server's buffer=the delay before the 3rd comp displayed it.
everytime i was overwhelmed i could look at the 3rd comp and see (again) what just happened..
with a 2nd internet connection a setup like this would cause no loss of gameplay. (i think)
puffer1
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I was thinking maybe doing one tonight around 9 pm est witch is 6 pm pst i think on my page on justin tv http://www.justin.tv/puffer1967 ppl can go watch us play and chat with others ,or join in game on cx servers if room for them. Ill try to see if i can find u on here today playing. I just missed you early today playing and ryu also.
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Me & Ryj were there... u said u had an old graphics card... an 8800. omfg i was playing on a 4400!
LvlSevenBoss
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:49 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

There were 4 viewers at one point. We were famous!

Nevermind that 2 of them were probably us. Razz

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Shit. I just watched that.

goddamn it.

Damn you all to hell.

I will NOT buy another goddamned joystick.

WILL NOT.

Jess
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've got my eye on a few on eBay most unfortunately. I may have to play just to make an ass of myself. Yay for aliases!
Perediablo
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ooooooh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:

goddamn it.

Damn you all to hell.

WILL NOT.

Go... go get one.

<best Emperor voice>"...join us..."</voice> Cool

Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

that looks great. how long is the delay?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi guys .. ya it was fun doing it, umm i guess maybe 4 secs or so delay to stream . but seemed nice fluid to me, We could always try agagin with more ppl. I hooked up my old sblive card ,so i got 3dpro working agagin.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

btw some of those nape md kills on them bots were great. good shot!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thanks for streaming.

Perediablo wrote:
ooooooh.

-.-
puffer1
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi guys, Just tried out procaster today. Worked out pretty good.had game going and voice also with it on stream live.Just need setup a account with procaster and livestream.com. Then u just set it to no camera audio first settings for mic other is stereo mix or sound card then hit play it starts up . heres a vid says with hd pvr . but i just used it on my desktop to strream d3 no hdpvr setup http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19Ts3IyE9gU&feature=feedlik
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Does streaming have any negative effects on D3 multiplayer game-play? Packet-loss/dropping, skipping, ...? Are we going to get people complaining if we're streaming while fighting?

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It likely depends upon your internet connections bandwidth vs. the resolution that you're running at.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:

goddamn it.

Damn you all to hell.

WILL NOT.

soldering class?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How bout I sends 'em to you for soldering Smile

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ovaltine wrote:
More streaming, please!

We could stream Damage. ^_^
View previous topic :: View next topic