Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > New glass stuff. Skulls, Awesome terrifying skulls. (2011) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Crystal skulls, if you will. Wearable around one's neck as a pendant, or suitable for display. These are just a couple quick shots from my droid. I'll be making more and taking better pix soon Smile

This one is hollow, clear glass with a fumed 24k gold overlay which gives the pink and the Gold luster. the tungsten pick is through the holes where you'd put the chain if you were to wear it.

Clockwise from top: Clear, Blue reactive (it has swirls of color that don't show very well in this shot), heavy ridiculous silver fume which I cooked in to get this effect, and finally the last was coated in a powdered glass which is loaded with metal oxides. It has a rich, almost iridescent metallic sheen. All with a beautiful loop suitable immediate wear or display. They weight 3x as much as the hollow one of course.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How much?

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yanno, I haven't thought that far ahead. It's more complicated than just throwing a price out there. For example the color glass is WAY more expensive than the clear - $50-$95/LB for color vs $5/LB for clear. The skulls are 1.5" tall by 1" wide, and about 1/2" thick.

What would you legitimately pay retail for one? I include a black or brown rubber clasped cord with these when I sell 'em. Try to be fair and impartial. I'm curious.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I dunno, I was looking for clear tho

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

50 cents?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well I'm trying to put together a retail price... Think on it some?

In the meantime, I can hook you up with a good price, because you're you.

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
50 cents?

douche.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PM me your paypal addy and I'll do it next weekend.

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

where are the crossbones
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Got it today sir. Very cool. I almost didn't unwrap it when I saw the hand melted wax seal on the ribbon. Looks great!

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow, that's some slick packaging!
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Glad you like it. We're real big on packaging things nice - for exactly that reason... Although I wanted to use a plain wrapping paper decorated with our handmade skull and crossbones stamp - I got outvoted.

...and there's your crossbones, Neo.

So uh, did you find the little bonus I threw in? And could I sell those skulls for say, Fiddy? Or is that too much?

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bonus?...

Shit... gotta go look for the wrapping now

where was it in the packaging?

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It was wrapped in a separate bit of bubblewrap. No wax seals just the goodie. Smile

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

got it! HAND MADE MARBLE FTW. Nice, thanks for that. I'll get a pic of that up later

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That one is about as small as I make 'em, usually they're more like 1.5" diameter.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

cool shit man

TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:02 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

that IS sweet packaging. great job.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:20 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I shield orb!

Ace

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh yep make that 2 shield orbs! Smile
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Sweet!

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thorne wrote:
I shield orb!

You shield orb? I haven't, much, lately.

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ya know, now that you mention it, I haven't shield orb'd in a while, either. Wink

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I have been black ops'ing Wink

In other news, that marble is like 1/2" to 3/4" in size (I didn't measure it but it's smallish for what I make), sort of a 'doodle' in glass if that makes any sense...

I can however, make more, somewhat larger ones if anyone would seriously be interested. In fact, I'll make 'em anyway, once I finish up the commission I'm working on. I'll post them when I have a few Smile

Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I got a little excited and put "I" instead of "A". ...'cause you know they're pretty close on the keyboard. ...I'm retarded. Razz

What I really want is a 1' shield orb atop a clear glass base with a differently colored, greyish GL, Phoenix, and Magnum flying around inside in a frozen dogfight scene, shooting super lasers at each other. Don't hurt me too bad with the quote price. Wink

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:00 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Then you find a machine shop to make the leetle tiny molds, have them made and send them to me. I can, however, do the Shield orb, the base and maybe even sculpt you a ship... Wink A GL, of course. I may like the ship and keep it though...

Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:35 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think having a shield orb would be cool as hell. The pyro, I'll believe when I see, but if you manage it, I'll take one of those too. Smile
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.landofmarbles.com/
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Don't worry. The grammar police will let you off the hizzy with a warning. ^_~

I wish there was an Invulnerability marble

Thorne wrote:
I got a little excited and put "I" instead of "A". ...'cause you know they're pretty close on the keyboard. ...I'm retarded. Razz

What I really want is a 1' shield orb atop a clear glass base with a differently colored, greyish GL, Phoenix, and Magnum flying around inside in a frozen dogfight scene, shooting super lasers at each other. Don't hurt me too bad with the quote price. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic