Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Ethics and Commentary > Anti Gun Nuts, take note Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
About as naive as thinking you can instantly kill someone who's starting to aim at you.. Wink

Unless you are carrying one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siOEEOTjGqM

Or you are this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9AJzv8gb2A

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've done it more than a few times on a paintball field. Close as you can get without actually killing each other Smile. I've sat down on one knee right in the middle of a winding trail and let a guy walk right up to me. He got within 15 feet before he saw me. On the same field, I took out 6 in a row with only the last one spotting me. Most people are easy to kill in real life. What's naive is to think that you can kill them before they kill you.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
About as naive as thinking you can instantly kill someone who's starting to aim at you.. Wink

foolish m0rtal
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Flip wrote:
What's naive is to think that you can kill them before they kill you.

That's sort of the basis I take for laughing at everyone on this board. Shooting a paper target at a range is one thing, putting a double tap on someone's sternum is another. But hey, we're all keyboard cowboys! Smile
Flip
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Quote:
Shooting a paper target at a range is one thing, putting a double tap on someone's sternum is another.

I imagine this gets a whole lot easier when your scared shitless, but taking a paintball to the neck ain't no joke either Razz
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Zuruck wrote:
Flip wrote:
What's naive is to think that you can kill them before they kill you.

That's sort of the basis I take for laughing at everyone on this board. Shooting a paper target at a range is one thing, putting a double tap on someone's sternum is another. But hey, we're all keyboard cowboys! Smile

Speak for yourself, dork Razz
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can't tell if this thread is for people who are against Gun-nuts, or for Nuts who are against Guns.

(in b4 "HURR SAME THING")

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

roid wrote:
I can't tell if this thread is for people who are against Gun-nuts, or for Nuts who are against Guns.

(in b4 "HURR SAME THING")

Actually, in an ironic twist, it's actually for people who are against people who are against people having guns. Or so the OP says Wink

Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm with Bruce Wayne on this one.
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:45 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

If I had a gun I would have less cats crapping in my back yard.

Back in the early eighties Perth police weren't allowed to carry guns on the streets. Now they are and I don't know specific statistics but there doesn't seem to be as much crime against police themselves. The police do come under a lot of scrutiny even if they take their gun out in a specific situation, they have to justify it.

As much as I would like to disagree, guns are a deterrent to crime. The amount is arguable.

In an ideal world nobody would need police let alone guns IMO.
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm out of the range of John Preston on this one.

All dogs are to be shot on sight.
Fiend
Hotshot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

didn't the famed "archie bunker" say something to the effect: to end hijackings issue everyone a gun?

btw I'm in TEXAS... I WILL SHOOT U DEAD! Razz
Neo
[deleted]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

To end hijackings, issue everyone a [insert weapon here]

Archie BUNKER -.-
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic