Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Guitar considerations for playing outside Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Greetings yon guitar folks!

A while back I posted up a picture of my guitar, to so much acclaim that I guess nobody bothered to say anything about it... But, that aside... I was watching a video of KT Tunstall of a song that she and her band recorded while in a "campfire atmosphere", when a question occurred to me: What are the temperature ranges in which one should be playing a guitar outside? I love the idea of sitting around a campfire singing with friends, I just don't want to cause fatal damage to the only guitar that I own, and that was given to me by my parents....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I would venture a guess to say that any sort of campfire atmosphere where people would be comfortable sitting outside is within the safe atmospheric range for guitar playing. I wouldn't worry about it.
Zuruck
Ace

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Where do you live and how do you store it? Do you use a humidifier?
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I would buy a junker, I wouldnt use my good acoustic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun: True, but I've known my relatives to sit outside on New Year's around a campfire while snow is falling..... I hear what you're saying, though.

Zuruck: I generally store it in my hard-shell case, or on my stand in my room. No humidifier.

What: If you have one spare, I'd gladly take it off your hands for you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I have a Sigma with a cracked neck, wrote a ton of songs on it. If you want to drive Uptown you can have it. Prolly better off with Craigslist and dropping a hundred bux though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'll take what I can get. I don't know when I can get uptown... I do have a buddy up there, so he'll be able to help guide me around. Do you have any pictures handy? Is that crack fatal? Will it still get the job done?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL, it's free, ya frickin' schnorr. Dude said he wrote songs on it. Now you want him to jump through hoops so he can give you a free guitar?
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Or you could always do this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvVY_i6mDk&feature=related

2.7 pounds. Who cares about the weather? The entire thing is carbon fiber. It's only $1600!
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You have a point...

What: When would you be free for me to run up to your place?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

When can you come up?

**edit
I played it last night it's pretty bad. You can have it if you want but it's kinda not good.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's alright... I'm not in a rush to find a campfire anytime soon. Even if I did, I need to practice up so I can actually play something of worth.