Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > Well, Verizon finally propped FroYo Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

On first look, not a big change, but lots of nice little tweaks. The extra home screens are very nice...and they added a web browser and phone button to the apps windowshade, so those can come off the home page now...

I'll play with it more during the week when I'm sitting around waiting for permits etc.

Vindicator
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

They got rid of the alarm clock shortcut. You have to go through Clock to access your alarms now, unless you already had the old shortcut on one of your home screens. Confused
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

sadly 2.2 is lagging on my Moto Droid. It looks like it's time for a hardware upgrade Sad I'm really feeling the Droid X but the Droid 2 seems like it may be a better choice unless they prop 2.2 for the X soonish. Unfortunately, I don't have to make any decisions right now because I can't afford either even though I can use a company phone that is eligible for upgrade..

...and I kinda liked how they consolidated the clock and the alarm clock - what I'm not liking is the new naming scheme for photos taken with the camera. I mean why would they do that? It was GREAT before.

LvlSevenBoss
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yeah, I wasn't all that impressed with the update. My favorite thing is that the camera takes pictures quicker. Other than that... not all that great and for most uses, it doesn't feel any faster even though they touted 2-5x performance increase.