Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > Cell phone gurus(geeks) please advise Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow what a tangled web is the the cell phone market...omg I just want to get a phone that will not be outdated next month, has a decent media player, good cam, good internet connect, touchscreen k/b and hopefully gps ready(already have one in car but...).
Also, it needs to be unlocked.
I tried looking at the online deals but I just can't make a decision with all the information that's available...too much input will surely make my head explode!

...any sound advice will be very acceptable..tyvm.

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

RIP Dad Ben Thompson Jan.6,1941-May5,2009
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

willkill wrote:
Also, it needs to be unlocked.

Rules out the iPhone.

Perhaps you should read through some of the reviews here: http://www.anandtech.com/tag/smartphones

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Yes..very good linkage there Krom...thanks.

I'm still hoping Bubba see's this... Wink

If you're gonna bluff, be prepared to strike..fast, hard and often..leaving nothing undone.

BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:26 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

what provider????

Mobile GPS is good for location services, not viable as a dedicated gps for your vehicle. 1 phone call will ruin your day using a cellphone for incar navigation

what applications you want to use?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'm on a pay as you go plan thru AT&T (using a Motorola Razr).

The cellphone gps is needed only for short trips into 'uncharted' territory...by foot, of course. Something I could use to more easily find my way back to Point A, for instance.

I'm not really sure that I want or need any x-tra apps...the phones all seem to come with what I really use; media player, camera, games. I usually just use MyCast for weather updates...not sure if there is a better way. I do like the touchscreen k/b feature, very fast for texting.
Other than that I like it pretty basic...hope that helps Confused

willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey Bubbalou...what say you? Very Happy

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

My Moto Droid GPS works just fine while on a phone call... I mean it can be somewhat annoying when people talk over the TTS but I manage. Oh wait, AT&T doesn't have those so you wouldn't know, sry Bubba.

STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No, but we have plenty of other Android phones. I'm rocking an Aria myself and it kicks big ass

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
willkill
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What the hell...</me googles Aria>

(note to self; need to increase cell phone knowledge.)

View previous topic :: View next topic