Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > So been looking .. well not really looking.. Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For a phone.

As some of you know, I work for a major US carrier and have been content over the years with WiMo OS phones. We'll being on my 3rd one (Tilt 2) I have to say, I have been content.

Anyway, I was asking about the new driod phones coming and we just released the Aria from HTC

The next day someone stops by my desk and puts a plain white box on my desk which only had 3 bar codes on the outside of it. 2x3x5 inches or so. Said, "Merry Christmas" and walked away

So here it is, the HTC Liberty, with the "Official Company Use" sticker on it still, yea.. seems this was one of the test devices, and since we just announced we were gonna release it sometime this year, I felt pretty happy I had a device before everyone else Smile

Anyway, this thing is pretty sick, only complaints I have is no LED flash for the 5 meg cam, and well... that's about it.

I could complain about the resolution and not having a snapdragon 1ghz CPU but honestly, this thing doesn't miss a beat and latency from touch input is non existent. Very snappy little sucker. And SMALL and thin.

It's running 2.1 update 1 and while it isn't Froyo, it's pretty fuckin sick anyway Smile

She commands a DL speed of 2.98 megabit too so that rocks as well ( were a 7.2 market, but what they aren't telling anyone is we have a soft cap in place of 3 meg)

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heh, soon as I saw the first few lines in your post, I had to dig up the link I saw about the Droid X's self-destruct tab. Good to see you haven't jumped on the Droid X bandwagon yet.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So did you get the one they used for Drop Testing??