Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Tech Forum > Looking for a wireless printer Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dedman
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So I got a new computer the other day and was shocked to see it didn't have a parallel port for my printer. Yeah, I'm that out of touch. So I can either get a parallel/USB adapter or I can get a new printer.

Since we've been kicking around the idea of getting a wireless printer for a while now, it seems like this is a good time. I've looked at some and it seems you can get a lot of features for not that much cash.

I'm going to use for home stuff, nothing fancy but I would like it to be able to scan and fax though.

What kind of machines have you guys used and what can you recommend. I would like to keep it below $130 or so.
Spidey
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I can’t say on the printer, but I just wanted to tell you…when I got my XP box I had the same choices. I chose to get the USB to Parallel adapter, and I can say it is a lot slower then before.

But I chose that option because I really needed to keep my Xante in service.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i use this and i like it Smile http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PIXMA-Wireless-office-Printer/dp/B001R4C5BK/ref=sr_1_2/176-2356783-6303719?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1278543950&sr=8-2
Hemp
Descent3 God

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I use HP printers only..................