Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Hobby Lobby > Nicollet Mall Aug 6 2009 *images up the wahzoo Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hello,
As you may know I work in downtown Minneapolis on what is known as Nicollet Mall - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicollet_Mall

I love it down there and have worked on or near there for 12 years. Sometimes when you live and work in a place you forget what drew you there to begin with. So! I met my friend for lunch and we decided to pretend we were tourists. Armed with my bosses shitty digital camera we took pictures. Perhaps you will like them.

Buskers

He plays a lot of waltzes...

Not the greatest ever but is a kind man that plays everything...

She is a weird lady who often wears jester hats but plays beautifully - classical

Asian Antiques

The things I cannot afford. :(

Siddhartha and the Big cat

Panhandlers

Eats, Booze, and Music

The Dakota Jazz Bar - awesome awesome place. It is Minneapolis' Jazz club. Prince was supposed to play there the night Michael Jackson died but canceled.

Brit's Pub - one of 2 places that show premier league on their televisions. They have an awesome deck on the roof where they have lawn bowling tournaments and to celebrate the release of the last Oasis album they had a listening party. The fish n' chips rock the fuck out.

Directly across...

Orchestra Hall and Peavey Plaza

Beautiful Symphony

Peavey Plaza - the center where no one is eating lunch is normally a foot deep of water. They drain it for outdoor concerts for the Minnesota Symphony Orchestra and rock gigs. The building to the left is Orchestra Hall.

Ignore?

This is where I go to do the same thing home slice is doing - THINK.

Random

Good honest straightshootin' Midwestern American corn - good with butter and some salt. Also can be used as a dildo if you are into vegetables.

The farmers market is loaded with little Hmong girls selling their stuff.

The baby sign is for a super high end baby clothing and accessory store called Pacifier. It's where Sarah Palin bought her baby the clothes he wore during the Republican National Convention - you know the one... $50,000 shopping spree. Sarah got her dress at the Neiman Marcus whose employees are my daily smoking partners.

She responds to the sirens

Now go and get your fuckin' shinebox

I liked their burkas

sad eyes =(

My hair cutterist in the white and his mate. He cuts my hair perfectly and gives me dollar off Marlboro coupons every time!

And for the finale of my attempt to look at my surroundings from an outsiders view... a picture of my friend that hated her picture because her face is smooshed because I surprised her... she is beautiful inside and out. :)

Hope you likey... and if you're ever in town let me know and we can hook up down there. PEACE!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Great pictures. The picture of the busker with the violin should be framed. Thanks for sharing. It's been years since I've been up to Minny.

Suggest the next series be of Hennipen. Wink

Tell your friend that Vince can tell she is beautiful, smooshed face and all. Smile
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:15 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Very nice. You should get a camera Smile
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Dude, you should start your own Flickr account, and start posting this kind of stuff there. Seriously.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Nice Job TheTourist , I think you might have another outlet besides D3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:42 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

MD-2389 wrote:
Dude, you should start your own Flickr account, and start posting this kind of stuff there. Seriously.

Maybe you should grow up before telling people what to do.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
MD-2389 wrote:
Dude, you should start your own Flickr account.....

ok Mr Chode , time for you to go back to .net and buddy up with your pal Isaac

yeah this means you Ferno the Flamer

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
MD-2389 wrote:

Maybe you should take your own advice Diedel...err Ferno. Do you honestly think that I would want to converse with you, especially with the way you've been acting the past couple months? Get over it you pathetic little child. I have better things to do than to stoop to your level and trade insults back and forth. Now quit shitting on perfectly good threads, and move on.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool Pix. The Violin lady is my favorite too. Hmm.. idea: really turn that shit inside out; you could take YOUR musical instrument down there and start playing, with the camera on a remote so you can take pix of your 'customers'.

Ferno & MD: You two were so perfect together. Can't you just get some relationship counseling and rebuild the magic?? It makes me sad to see you two like this.

Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Good pics, man. Most people get pics on vacation - not many think to get pics at one's 'usual places'.

I should do that sometime, myself.

Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

:)
Thank you for your compliments. I like the young homeless people - he looks optimistic and she looks terrified.

As for the people bickering I cannot complain because I'm good at it myself and have been involved in many personality conflicts. But I just wonder what is going on? Talk it out, maybe? My conflicts are when someone is trying to tell me what to do (you never will BTW) =). I thought Ferno and MD-89754895719511872387538793285389 were legit friends maybe not.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Call me heartless call me an artist - what really got me in the pic of the homeless kids was the composition and the really really cool pattern of the door behind the guy...

I instantly tagged them as fellow artist/hippies, headed to Eugene Oregon or working their way down to Burning Man to partake in the company of their peers.

Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:

Ferno & MD: You two were so perfect together. Can't you just get some relationship counseling and rebuild the magic?? It makes me sad to see you two like this.

It was nice but the guy decided to take a joke I said and twist it into something pretty damned warped.

Thewhat: yeah I would like to see that happen too. get it over and done. But for that to happen, the dude needs to be a man instead of a sniveling little girl.

MD: I was starting to wonder how long it would be til you broke. I gotcha now. Feel free to continue via pm.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I took 2 levels of black and white photography courses. Developed my own film and made my own prints. I worked with freelance photographers for 5 years. I know shooting. I'm not a shooter. It's called photo journalism. The mix of image and wit.

All those shots are treated by photoshop. level adjustment to make them pop. no cropping.

** snoring whocares?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I do. Doing photography on & off as a hobby since I was 15 (loaded, developt, printed B&W at that time as well). Never did classes tho, never sold a print. I may have one or two interesting pics here somewhere, I'll start a Random Pictures thread if I can find them.
TheWhat
Insane!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
I do. Doing photography on & off as a hobby since I was 15 (loaded, developt, printed B&W at that time as well). Never did classes tho, never sold a print. I may have one or two interesting pics here somewhere, I'll start a Random Pictures thread if I can find them.

I'd like to see everyone on the dbb do one. It would be fun to learn something about places we'd never b e a n. No what I mean, Jellybeen?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I'd be game for that, I've got a black and white picture that I epically like from when I took a B&W photography class in HIgh School. I'll try to get it scanned in sometime soon.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i think people should be happy with what they got what do you think? crying bitches.