Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Descent3 freezes at main menu, XP Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote

Got a wierd problem. My friend can run the same install with no problems.

I have a 2.2GHz dual core and Geforce 8600M GT

I run descent3.exe and so the initail setup then,
when I run, from the main menu, New Game, Demo or Multiplayer its says Loading in the lower left corner and then freezes and the intro music stops.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Fiqured it out. If anyone else has this problem, descent must go into a shorter directory name than than Desktop path, lol. Back in the day windows created directory names with ~1 at the end with longer directory names. I would suspect that when the coders wrote the software they did not assign the directory variable any larger than a float or something so it could not find the game files for new game, demo, or multiplayer...
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cool. Those are the same laptop specs as my new one. I'm getting an MSI-MS-1651
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

And here you were saying in chatthat you installed it C:\Games\Descent3 (which is the Default)

but in reality you installed it
in C:\Documents and Settings\CmdrPinksocks\Desktop\Games\Descent3

That's what you get for a torrent