Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > Akers-Barnes Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I was at the neighborhood money-pit (Home Depot) pricing 2 8 foot sheets of Cabinet Plywood for a simple project using my Existing Hardware

After Downloading the plans imputing them into a Modeling program to scale, i decided to scale in some of my own models from a study i did about a year ago. Well I noticed I needed to finish my Series of 3D Models for my pre-visualization.

Anyways here is the progression

anyways i had to modify the original plans because my 6'5" frame is not fitting into a 17.5" wide seat.... might go with the 5/8's ply instead also

The Nice thing about this unit is... want to take it to a LAN ... slide it apart and it fits in your trunk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:25 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

--> Hobby lobby ?
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What kind of sound system are you going to use with this setup?
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grendel wrote:
--> Hobby lobby ?

Not until the actual unit is built, this my friend is 3d Artwork... OK Quickdraw McGrendel?, then I will post the real deal in the Hobby Zone separate from this thread!! Razz

MD-2389 wrote:
What kind of sound system are you going to use with this setup?

5.1 probably.... center channel under the LCD's on the shelf, sub under the seat area and front and rear satellites speakers fitted to the unit with pvc or using audio studio positional brackets

I have my Server Box with a Dual-Core going to be the Base

Next I need to model my TrackIR4 and Logitech Keyboard next

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok Widened the Seat, creating 3dmodels stuff I do not have.

I have made 2 mods to the Akers-Barnes Template based on hardware I plan to purchase that were pre-vised to spec.

Hope you don't mind the misplaced object in this configuration

Another Style -

[edit]

Revised again adjusted the center display to reflect a 12.1 touchscreen
- adjusted base height to accommodate my 38" inseam and clearance from the Keyboard/Wheel tray

I think since everything is to Scale and I have worked out the incompatibilities of not being a midgets like the rest of you DBB folk. I will rewrite the template with the new deminensions and go buy some 4x8 5/8 Sandply. Hopefully the changes will still only require 2 Sheets.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

well I had to add a Mannequin with my body dimensions because something was still not right.
Made adjustments to the entire seat and modified the back support

I want to be able to sit in a Cadillac seat and not cramped into a Yugo seat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Been done

By this sexy looking man....

LOL

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

STRESSTEST wrote:
Been done

http://www.decisive-guild.com/images/d3pilots/rij2.jpg

By this sexy looking man....

http://www.decisive-guild.com/images/d3pilots/rijruna.jpg

LOL

Oh you mean the Yugo seat obviously..... And unfortunately I do not like lush green carpeting

BTW can he take the cockpit apart and stick in the trunk of his car and go to a LAN........ without UN-WELDING it? Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You'll have to direct those questions to the man himself as I do not know, CH fanboi

BTW, you seem to have completely missed the joke Smile

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:39 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

STRESSTEST wrote:
CH fanboi

I have been waiting for someone to notice, here is some candy for teh winnar!!1!!

.....and no i ..... didn't Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:58 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Haha. Rijruna crazy setup.
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bubba you make cool shit... Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic