Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Old School > Downloading D1/2/3 from GOG Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyperDuel
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:03 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

So I purchase the three games from GOG today and I'm currently downloading them. Now only you can download the games but you can download the soundtrack, the manual, wallpapers, and a lot of good stuff. I'll keep updates on it since I didn't play D1-D3 in years plus I'm itching for D3 tonight!
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:53 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JIC, click me.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For D1/D2, I recommend you go here, and here.
HyperDuel
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well I got many things to work but I have two issues:

I'm using D2X XL and DXX Rebirth (in two different folders) for D2 and when I try to run D2X XL it saids it requires the Descent2.hog file which is already in the folder.

Also I'm having a hard time installing Vertigo on any of the D2 folders.

What gives?
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Let D2 and D2 Vertigo install to their default directories (c:\games\descent2\). Then just copy and paste everything to your custom directories.
HyperDuel
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Vertigo is not working for me. When I try to install it a DOS window opens up and closes. Noting happens.

Plus when I try to get the D2 Level Editor to work it's only showing me the levels as a single line, like this:

Any help would be great, I did make sure I tell the Level Builder to pick the correct HOG files.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:48 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You have to use the command line interface to use the DOS installer. (Start -> Run, type in "cmd" and hit enter)
AusRED5
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

In regards to the DMB2:

The editor wasn't coded to use wide screen monitor with wide screen res. The editor will not display correctly.

So either change your screen res to a non-wide screen res or try using DLE-XP. Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic