Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Old School > Will Someone help me? Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eduardo555
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ok... I'm a nOOb and i'm trying to get throung d2... someone will gave me some piloting tips Question
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What kind of help are you looking for? Help getting through single player levels or multiplayer help?
roid
Inane!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow, it's been a while...

- i remember that i normally kill the theifbot with flash missiles (he's not completely immune). i fuckin hate that dirty theif!! DIE!@!!@!

- you can often use guided missiles to unlock secret passageways by triggering the BACK sides of secret doors. I use this to get the helix (i think) and then then the guass gun early on in the game.

- don't use the helix unless you have TONS of energy to burn or are faced with a crap load of annoying fast moving small enemies - or the theif. DIE THEIF!@!

- just as with Descent 1, when faced with lava shoot at the lava not the bots, the lava splash damage will do a LOT more damage than your weeapons will. also be careful not to kill yourself with the splash.

- use gauss or vulcan to kill those 4 armed scrapey scary guys. coz if you shoot them with energy based weapons they will shoot homing plasma at you.

- use the afterburner, zooming around is fun.

- try to time the shots of the slower shooting bots. they can only shoot so fast and if you fake a move just before they shoot - then they will try to lead their shot and will totally miss you (if you actaully did fake that is)

- use your mines when panicing and retreating into a corner so you arn't followed. smart mines are totally awesome. even if you just simply drop them then turn araound and shoot them to release the homing shots.
Eduardo555
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

thx!!!

Pun, i asked for SP piloting help
lars
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Lasers good.
Quad level 6 lasers are the most effective energy weapon in D2.
kurupt
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

d2 is all about the plasma. even though its a toned down piece of crap compared to the d1 version, its still very usable for newer pilots without alot of effort and learning involved.

(14:31) Barry: Nope.. Def. a turd.. brb
Avder
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I always thought the D2 plasma was roughly equivalent to D1 plasma. It was always the spread that got powernerfed between the games for me.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I use spreadfire/plasma and gauss a ton in sp mainly because i figured a tap of gauss was worth more then a long shower of vulcan.

Also never forget you're lasers, those things kill.
Xfing
Trainee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

A shame that Megas and Fusion were toned down. That plain sucks. Spread was as weak as always, but the Helix probably became the most powerful primary weapon.