Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The Marketplace > Your Favorite Equipment Sources Online Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It seems that I don't have very many sources for PC hardware. I'd like to hear some recommendations for some other good sources. If you have any other good sources, please post them here and tell us why you like them.

Mine are :
NewEgg - Great prices, good service
Monarch - Good prices
MWave - Good prices

Thx,
Ice out ...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Directron -- reasonable prices, fast shipping, good service.
Justdeals -- cheap
CoolerGuys -- very fast shipping (close by)
HighSpeedPC -- expensive, has some Innovatek stuff tho
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

www.zipzoomfly.com

Newegg style prices.
Matrix
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
www.zipzoomfly.com

Newegg style prices.

And now most of the time cheaper then newegg Very Happy

I use mostly Newegg and ZZF, once in a while monarch.
Vindicator
Hotshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.outpost.com (good selection of electronics parts in addition to computer stuff, cheap, great service)
http://www.xoxide.com (similar in selection and look & feel to Coolerguys, cheap shipping)
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Vindicator wrote:
http://www.outpost.com (good selection of electronics parts in addition to computer stuff, cheap, great service)
http://www.xoxide.com (similar in selection and look & feel to Coolerguys, cheap shipping)

i try to buy through newegg a lot cause i have had some good experiences, i also still hold open my distributor account with d&h by purchasing stuff from them every few months...

xoxide.com is the first place i ever saw the 5.25" bay cup holder though...

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
DarkShadow
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Matrix wrote:
Pun wrote:
www.zipzoomfly.com

Newegg style prices.

And now most of the time cheaper then newegg Very Happy

I use mostly Newegg and ZZF, once in a while monarch.

X2
JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://www.frozencpu.com/
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:30 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

*edit*thank you for sticky*edit*

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Iceman
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Seems like a good idea to me.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hehe -- stickied it into The Marketplace. Mod should clean the thread up tho.
NedPilot
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

How do NewEgg and ZZF compare with packing quality? Question

Of the four cases I have bought from NewEgg:
2 some minor shipping dents to case
1 destroyed
1 no damage

It's getting tiring. Anyone know if either one packs better Question
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

just wanted to add this one

ProVantage

always compare prices with what you find anywhere else with this site, they usually have it for less and a warehouse full of them with quantity instock always on display

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

NedPilot wrote:

1 destroyed
1 no damage

I've received about ten or fifteen packages over the years from NewEgg, and only once had any issues with packing, but never any damage. (I've never gotten anything larger than a motherboard from them, though).

NewEgg's customer service is also a big ++ in my experience. Every time I've had an issue or question, their online text-chat service folks get it taken care of, and they've even offered me discounts for my trouble.

[Edit: D'oh... just realized I responded to a post in a necro'd thread, ha.]

[deleted]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:28 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

NedPilot wrote:

1 destroyed
1 no damage

heh I never buy cases from places like newegg. Very Happy

the koolest cases come from places that specialize in that sort of thing. ^_^

hug
View previous topic :: View next topic