Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Graphical corruptions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I have graphical menu corruptions and my reticle is compressed vertically and some crap graphic occupies the place below it where the reticle should extend. I have patched up to 1.5. The graphics mode is 640x480, Direct3d. This behavior was occurring under 1.40 also.

Here are examples:

What do I do?
SuperSheep
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OpenGL FTW!
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:16 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ya never know, he might have an Intel integrated video chip which frequently produce shots like that. If he has one of those and neither the desire or the funding to replace it he could just be plain SOL.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Krom wrote:
Ya never know, he might have an Intel integrated video chip which frequently produce shots like that. If he has one of those and neither the desire or the funding to replace it he could just be plain SOL.

No funding. Oboy. OpenGL works better, but graphical glitches abound. Why can't they just release the source?
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Do you have any clue what your video card brand and model is? Could your graphics card be running hot for some reason?
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

isaac wrote:
Do you have any clue what your video card brand and model is? Could your graphics card be running hot for some reason?

It's one of those Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family integrated pieces of crap.

Unfortunately, I cannot replace my laptop at this time. Sucks for me.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I got the same thing on my wife's laptop (integrated 945 chipset).

What solved it was better drivers - I didn't find anything that worked on the manufacturer's site, but I found good video drivers at Intel's site.

Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:14 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Foil wrote:
I got the same thing on my wife's laptop (integrated 945 chipset).

What solved it was better drivers - I didn't find anything that worked on the manufacturer's site, but I found good video drivers at Intel's site.

Unfortunately, I already have the latest drivers from Intel.
Foil
2*pi*r

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hm. The other thing I remember doing is getting updated motherboard drivers for the laptop before I updated with the Intel 945 drivers. Works great for me now, I hope you can get it figured out.

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

This is a problem D3 has with Direct3D 9 and higher I believe. Switch your renderer to OpenGL.
View previous topic :: View next topic