Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > d2x-rebirth crash when using interplay-released d2 sndtrck Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaktazuki
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

When jukebox is enabled, and the mp3s are those released by Interplay, attempting to load the demo or play the game leads to an instant lock, with no help from the stdout.txt or stderr.txt.

What should I do?
Krom
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Disable jukebox and play them in winamp in the background.

(19:11) [D3k]Gooberman: pffft, I didnt get owned baal, you just got 60 lucky fusion shots
Do_Checkor
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:55 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

shaktazuki wrote:
the mp3s are those released by Interplay,

Where are they from? Check in Winamp if they have CRC errors. Winamp can handle something like that but may be not the Jukebox.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:43 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Do_Checkor wrote:
shaktazuki wrote:
the mp3s are those released by Interplay,

Where are they from? Check in Winamp if they have CRC errors. Winamp can handle something like that but may be not the Jukebox.

They're the ones Interplay released, I think. I don't recall the exact site I got them from.

All I get from Winamp is the following (from the track that either is or should be playing at time of lockup):

Size: 4073777 bytes
Header found at: 39636 bytes
Encoder Delay: 576, Zero Padding: 2240
Length: 252 seconds
MPEG-1 layer 3
128kbit, 9651 frames
44100Hz Stereo
CRCs: No, Copyrighted: No
Original: No, Emphasis: None
Do_Checkor
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:19 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

shaktazuki wrote:

That's what you'd look for. Check every single track if you find a CRC: Yes.

Interplay did not release anything like MP3s for Descent2. I'd recommend to rip them yourself using the tool CDex ( http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ ) and try them.

To get you right here: Other MP3 track work fine?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Do_Checkor wrote:
shaktazuki wrote:

That's what you'd look for. Check every single track if you find a CRC: Yes.

None do.
Quote:

Interplay did not release anything like MP3s for Descent2. I'd recommend to rip them yourself using the tool CDex ( http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ ) and try them.

I thought they did. PlanetDescent is very strict about obeying copyright law, and they posted it: http://www.planetdescent.com/site/files/general/music.asp . In any event, I can't rip the soundtrack myself. Most of my CDs recently got stolen, and I only have the original D2 disk (not the Infinite Abyss / Vertigo) anymore.

Quote:
To get you right here: Other MP3 track work fine?

It appears so.
MD-2389
Insane!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

They did release the original redbook audio for D2, but I don't believe they released the tracks for the Vertigo Series expansion pack. My suggestion to you is to get on kali and ask for rips of the tracks.
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Do_Checkor wrote:
not release anything like MP3s for Descent2. I'd recommend to rip them yourself using the tool CDex ( http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/ ) and try them.

They absolutely did.
View previous topic :: View next topic