Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > The DBB Gallery > New Years Glass stuff. Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:18 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've been trying some sculptural techniques. I'll post a few new things over the course of the next day or so, as I get pics taken.

For starters, here's a cherry I made last night. There's nothing to give it scale, but it's about the size of the real thing, give or take:

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

seriously bun..its neat to watch you get way better before our very eyes..those look ON..
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I <3 cherries, especially yours Bun. Smile
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:13 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:38 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks guys. I was screwing around and I tried to make a little coconut thing... It shattered so I made it a coconut wedge:

In honor of the upcoming Valentine's day holiday, I've been making some pendants. These are the very first ones I've made, with the red one and the last one being the most recent. As you can see I'm still working on getting the shape right, but it's getting closer.

Some leaves I made for practice. I don't know if you can see but they're much more detailed than the leaf on the cherry.

++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

very nice...

of the hearts... the first one looks kinda like a tounge and the last one looks like ass cleavage... but the red one, and the one with the extra things on the left are really slick...

keep it ... i like looking at stuff! Wink

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Lookin good, Bun. The leaves are really sweet. Where's the bowlz at?
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks guys.

Pun: Still working on that... need some equipment and stuff. Now that the holidays are past I'm thinkin I'll be making some moves. I'll keep ya posted.

d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bunyip wrote:
Thanks guys. I was screwing around and I tried to make a little coconut thing... It shattered so I made it a coconut wedge:

Cool! A little face!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:41 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

uh....

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bun's nutsack is bigger than that coconut.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:05 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Now yer just exaggerating. It's more Navel-orange sized Smile

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

that IS his nutsack...
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:57 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Heads up! Exciting new pictures coming soon!

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:23 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Blingetty Blang:

Just a proof of concept. It's do-able on my setup but more work than it's worth. I need a wider flame so that I can keep more glass hot. I just flat don't have enough flame to work at more than a snail's pace and if I'm not careful to keep the whole thing hot enough... the piece goes KABLAM and cracks... and that's pyrex, not normal glass. As it is I'm scared to put it in the kiln - I'd have much rather have put it in when I was finished making it rather than waiting but the kiln wasn't on so I let it cool and took some pix. On the positive side, when I do fire it some awesome colors should come out...at least on the shards. Keep yer fingers crossed for me.

Sorry about the pic quality. I was in a hurry Wink

A short note of disclaimer: Do not break any laws. This item is intended for LEGAL use only.

Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:27 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow! We're in, fellas! Nice nice work! When can we talk about color schemes!?
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow cool!
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
When can we talk about color schemes!?

After I spend about $600.00 more. I just dropped $600.00 on a purpose built annealing oven.

Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Very nice!

I'll be standing in line!

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well... I put it in the kiln last evening & it got a little crack Sad The good news is that if I don't find any more cracks, it's probably repairable!

Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 7:26 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Bump for Jbomb who still hasn't seen this ... Wink

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

wow!

hey...i dont get it..how do they become hollow?
does something get turned inside out while it hot or.....i really dont get how it becomes a tube like that...

pretty cool man!

can i make one suggestion as long as you are going down that road....think out of the box!...obviously you are still baby steppin it but forget the current model of what a pipe should look like....

straight make up your own shit!

yer getting better at glass nsht....nifty to go along for the ride..
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

JBOMB wrote:
wow!

hey...i dont get it..how do they become hollow?
does something get turned inside out while it hot or.....i really dont get how it becomes a tube like that...

It starts out as a tube. Smile First you pull a point then you make the pipe. Both links are loaded with pictures. This dude does it a bit differently - pulling points is better IMO

JBOMB wrote:
can i make one suggestion as long as you are going down that road....think out of the box!...obviously you are still baby steppin it but forget the current model of what a pipe should look like....

straight make up your own shit!

You mean like, crazy shit?

JBOMB
DBB Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:22 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

LOL...no

i mean something more suited to your current experience level that isnt the same as what you see on every shelf of a head shop...(swirly colors with dots of glass about)

how bout maybe like..all black glass?...all red glass with clear glass added to it....solid white?...i dunno...

i used to make these pipes out of metal pipe parts and Super Sculpey...basically it was clay that you baked then painted..turns rock hard..

so..i made these pipes that look like these cartooney cats sitting there holding the bowl and looking up at you...you would smoke from the tail (mouthpiece).. all the metal parts where the center of the sculpture..

they were crazy cool but a pain to create and not at all practical to smoke with and metal bowls = ghey...

but you have glass...the world is your oyster....if it were me..i would try and create a super clean straight forward pipe...a tool...something functional that is nice on the eyes...

go clean!...go solids....leave all the dead head sht to the headshops Wink

(note: im talking mostly out of my ass as i know yer just getting your feet wet with all this stuff...i think maybe im being trying to be creative vicarously through you cause working with glass is so cool)

get on with yer bad self....
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:59 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Functional, simple, elegant, badass. I'm hearing you, but there's a reason most glass pipes look the way they do... so the trick is to be creative enough to make it happen in harmony with the glass...

Maybe you should get into this and we can collab!

BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:56 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Glass pipes are for crack (aka the glass dick)

Glass BONGS on the other hand!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hey bunyip...super necro check this out:

http://www.filecabi.net/video/blacksmithmold.html
isaac
Hotshot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:33 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wow. That's so cool!
View previous topic :: View next topic