Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > D3 Servers and Server OPs > descentbb.com servers Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:37 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

...are up and running! Get em while they're hawt!
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No AC on them ?
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:41 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

not right now. I'm gonna try it both ways and see what the regulars like better. People bitched that the AC servers had a different feel and hits weren't registering properly. Most likely a result of smoothing.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Turn it off then. Razz I can assure you that AC doesn't change the behaivor and/or look&feel if smoothing is off (besides fixing the fusion bug.)
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:29 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Actually i dislike the feel of ac servers which is why i play alot on the german ones, many agree with me too.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:30 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

it's the smoothing you dislike. The rest of the stuff is indistinguishable.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:32 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

either way it shouldnt be like it is with smoothing turned on, i find myself spending alot more effort with things that arent registering that should so it ruins the fun for me.
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Packet loss, not AC ..
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:04 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

For who? my connection is 100% stable
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:08 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Behemoth wrote:

thats what they all say.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

how they running, guys? I haven't got a chance to play in em yet.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:04 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rook wrote:
Behemoth wrote:

thats what they all say.

Just because you suck doesnt mean my connect suffers Smile
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:20 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Behemoth wrote:
Rook wrote:
Behemoth wrote:

thats what they all say.

Just because you suck doesnt mean my connect suffers Smile

your the one who cant hit anyone. Im not complaining. Smile
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:50 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

pwned
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:24 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Smoothing is client-side only. It doesn't do anything if you turn it on on the server.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:09 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

huh? I might be mistaken, but I think this is Sheeps own concoction, not just a toggle of a built in game feature.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:23 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Rook wrote:

your the one who cant hit anyone. Im not complaining. Smile

Prove it Razz
Rook
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ok
Behemoth wrote:
i find myself spending alot more effort with things that arent registering

next.
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No i DO hit them, its just not as fun when you have to spent alot more effort to kill a simple clueless player for instance.
Suncho
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:54 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Pun wrote:
huh? I might be mistaken, but I think this is Sheeps own concoction, not just a toggle of a built in game feature.

Oh. I thought you meant -usesmoothing.
Ferno
BDSM Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

my connect sucks ass, but when I play on an AC server, there's no difference.

oh yea and you have to LEAD. like you're supposed to.
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:06 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, I finally got to play on em. We had a good old time. Seems like the NYCers are in the 60s and stable, 60's to Florida have been reported, 30's-40's in the Chicago area, 50's and 60's in the Minneapolis and St. Louis areas.
TheCope
SPANG!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

run good

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:00 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

why doesnt the server info show up on the d3.tracker.cx thing
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:10 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I noticed that. Can someone help me with this?
TheCope
SPANG!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

HI!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:50 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Cope, i mean when i click it the info does not show up, i can still see the servers and i would have joined games by now had i been able too.
TheCope
SPANG!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:09 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:51 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Behemoth: Use vortex or gheyquery. Problem solved.

View previous topic :: View next topic