Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Single Player > Big Robot in inner sangtom Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loupy31
Trainee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi Guys,
New to this forum, After killing the huge robot, and you get a message saying you have a new ship , the one under the force feild, how do you get to disable the foce feild to get the ship and go to the next level.

Not quite sure what level this is, but its where the nomads live, end of that level. where you slide down the long tude and meet up with the bad ass Robot. he doesnt get disintergrated, just floats there burning away

Loupy31
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:33 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It souunds like you need to patch your Descent3. That was a bug in the v1.0 if I remember right. Head over to www.planetdescent.com and get the patch for your version. That should fix it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Definitely get the v1.4 patch, if you haven't already.

That said, I've seen this particular bug happen a couple of times even when D3 is patched to v1.4. It's an odd bug, because you should get the cutscene and the end of the level when you kill the Homunculus.

If you have a save point before fighting the Homunculus, I'd recommend trying to go back to that point. Hopefully you don't have to restart the level (although it's one of the better singleplayer levels, I think).

DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Level 6 - Martian Caverns Smile

The forcefield should open up...

Jake, Foil - Good idea with the patch if it happens consistently each time!
loupy31
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:19 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thanks for the info guys, I thought I was missing something in the room.
Ok, I have Patch 1.4 installed and have also restarted that level a couple of times.............I have a save point just before I go down the tube, I will give it another go.............

Thanks guys

Loupy31
View previous topic :: View next topic