Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > DBB Distributed Computing > folding team still running Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STRESSTEST
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=39070

Also, I wanted to make a note of something here, and it directly is to take a shot at all of you that kept saying "It keeps crashing on me so I cant do it" Rubbish!

This one lone box that is folding is one that I installed years ago at a clients place of business at the same time I started this team back on dot net. I haven't serviced it since it's installation and guess what, it's still folding... Go fucking figure eh? Anyone know how long the team has existed? Well then if so, you will know how long this box has been folding with 100% uptime sitting in a dark concrete basement doing it's thing.

/end soapbox

bitches

I made a post a few days after we started this, it was dated: Sun 29 Aug, 2004, so almost 3 years this box has folded unsupervised. That in itself is amaizing

JBOMB - "kinda...cause after you smoke enough bowls you end up realizing you are both 2 idiots jumping around in front of a tv.."
Testiculese
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I am currently attached to the World Community Grid. It works on Fiocruz Genome Comparison, AIDS, Human Proteome Folding, and Muscular Dystrophy. I joined with a programming team.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:38 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I've been running GIMPS (Mersenne-Prime search, 'cause I'm a math geek), but I never had any issues with folding when I was running it.

Testi, thanks for the link. I ought to move my machines to doing something more worthwhile.

SpongeBob

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 3:40 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

my FTP Server is still folding, but now its throwing me a "Cannot Connect To Worrk Server" error to send in the finished results?!??!!?!?

Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:13 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I threw some CPU's online not long after this thread was started. I installed the no-shitter dos window client on 6 different machine all with totally different configurations. The only problem I had with any of the installs was I found out my daughters machine had a huge dust bunny blanket under the cpu fan and was cutting off the cooling on the fins. It was throttled back to about 1/4 speed and even shut down a few times due to heat. I prolly would never have paid attention to that if it wasn't for the real low folding speeds.

I suggest anyone setting this up to use the dos window no-frills client and then DL the FahMon 2.2.2 http://fahmon.silent-blade.org/ to keep tabs on your progress. The windows client just seems like it has too much CPU eating load when it runs the screen saver. You can always look at your folding projects in 3d With jmol. It even supports cheap green/red 3D classes. FahMon supports looking at jmol stuff by hitting F3 if you have it installed.

Anyway, we need more folders! When I joined up, the DBB team was headed downward and even got passed up twice during my first 2 days. Now the progress graph shows it's going upwards, but still a long way away from overtaking any other team.

Would be nice to get some of the newer Forum people that haven't done this before (like me), or have some of the prior folders come back.

I'm kinda digging this since it's the first time in over a year that I actually feel like I'm contributing towards cancer research amongst other studies they are doing. I had a cancerous kidney removed over a year ago but the battle has been ongoing. The folding is somewhat gratifying to me.

Rad Out.
KompresZor
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Since 09.29.04 on this 1.4 Athlon and folded as Anonymous about a year before that, 4 years non-stop. If your machine can't fold, your shit sux Razz