Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Can't get the resolution right on my laptop Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knott
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hey all,
I have a laptop that i've tried to run the demo on, (before i purchase the game) and I can't seem to get it to run. If I run it at my normal resolution (1280X800) the mouse seems to strafe to the left of the screen without me moving it.. and you can only really see the Descent 3 logo with flames behind it. I then changed the desktop resolution to the lowest possible resolution (800X600) and the mouse strafe stopped and the descent 3 menu screen is more visible. However some of the screen is still cut off.
I do have a widescreen laptop and I tried the -width 1280 -height 800 -aspect 1.3 commands but nothing seems to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:36 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

copy and paste and place in the misc tab of d3 under optional command switches/arguments section

-playermessages -framecap 0 -nooutragelogo -usesmoothing -nomultitexture -aspect 1.6 -width 1280 -height 800

Also make sure you are also running in OpenGL mode not D3D under video options in D3 launcher