Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > D3 and CH Products Flight Yoke/Pro Pedals Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watsosd
Trainee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:52 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Is anyone using Descent3 with CH Products flight yoke and pro pedals? I thought they would be ideal for a game such as D3 but the game doesn't recognize the controller. I've tried tech support and they suggested everything they could think of and then gave up. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Hattrick
Hog Whisperer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:11 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I use the Saitek X-52 Stick and throttle (no peddles) and D3 had no problem with those.

It detected the stick and from there you just need to configure the controllers in the D3 configuration screen. You can create a DAT file in the saitek profiler also if you want.

Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:16 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

USB or Gameport? D3 Works with Both versions

I personally use the CH USB versions with D3 on my XP machine

and the Gameport Versions on my 98 Box

Need an answer go here CH Forums

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Both the flight yoke and pedals are USB. I have no problem using them with Flight Simulator. When I open D3, the initial Setup screen (the first thing that opens before you actually start the game), it shows the flight controller. However, after starting up the game and going into Options to configure, the game won't recognize any button I click on the controller.

Last weekend, I even tried buying a Thrustmaster joystick to use with D3 (I'd prefer the flight yoke but figured a joystick is better than a mouse). When I went into configure the joystick, it won't let me configure turns with the twisting of the joystick. It does recognize everything else but not the twisting function. It has assigned the twist function to another movement which seems unlogical to me and would seriously hamper gameplay.

I don't know what the deal is with this game. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. I loved the previous version of Descent that I had and was looking forward to D3. I'm rapidly reaching the point where I'm ready to give up.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Grab this first follow the instructions for installation

also what O/S are you running, and how many other devices do you have besides those (ie controllers or gamepads)

If you have not been Using the CH Control Manager you have severely limited yourself, especially for games that will not recognize multiple controllers