Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > Cant play D3 Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OK, This has really thrown me. It may also make a few people happy (not to mention any names Judas) Razz

Anyway, I was having the fusion won't charge problem. I asked a few pilots who said do a few things.
I tried and they didn't work. So I thought just uninstall and start again.
I tried to re-install but the setup program wouldn't start. Tried everything and it wouldn't run.
I did a system restore which restored the D3 folder and files. Tried to run it and it told me that it couldn't open the "font lohud.fnt."

Weird. Now I can't play D3 at all. I did have the BP patch installed.

Can anyone help me to fix this? I have never heard of this problem b4

Confused
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:02 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

What operating system? What are your system specs? Are you using the Aus version of Descent? Exactly what happens when you put the D3 Install CD into your CD drive?
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[quote="Pun"]What operating system? What are your system specs? Are you using the Aus version of Descent? Exactly what happens when you put the D3 Install CD into your CD drive?[/quote]

I am using XP, It was the Aus version of Descent, System specs?
1GB memory, P4 2.8 GHZ proc. Radeon Video card.
When I put the D3 disk in the drive it starts to read, the light flashes and then it does nothing. When I try to open it manually it sows a timer for 3 secs then it is over.

Thanks
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I would try to verify the integrity of the D3 Install disk by trying it in another computer. If that checks out, I'd check the CD drive itself.
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:01 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

But t recognises the disk and shows the setup screen when i have the D3 folder intact. Only it won't play because of the missing file it is noting.

And I have a DVD player which it does the same thing in.
Bunyip
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:24 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

But did you check the integrity of the disk in another computer?

Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:06 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

OK I have checked the integrity of the disk and it works in my work laptop. I might try to delete all files including missions and pilot files.
See if that works
Thanks

Doesn't work at all in my Computer. Wierd, I might have to format the HD see if that gets it working.

Nice 3 hour process. Confused
Pun
DBB Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:03 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Install it and patch it on your laptop. Copy the Games/Descent3 folder to a CD. Put that folder in C:/Games and run Descent3.
Smotie
The Wombat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:36 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thx Vince, it works now. Only I still have a Fusion problem. It won't charge. I installed the No CD patch but it still hasn't fixed it.
Any Ideas?
Grendel
Ninja Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:18 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

The old mouse problem ? Check this thread.

The Wombat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:47 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Thx guys you have helped a great deal. It is working now. I had PPJoy installed but had the primary weapon fire assigned to mouse left button when it should have been "Button 2"

Appreciate the help.
View previous topic :: View next topic