Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > I can't speak German, so I need someobdy's help rather badly Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Watchernb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just got descent 3 off of a friend because I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE! Actually, for all you die hard "gotta BUY the game" people, I am planning on buying it for my birthday off of the Descent 3 website in February.

So the reason I'm writing is this: the copy that my friend gave me only has German speech. It sucks because, well....I'm not German.

Anybody wanna help me out? I need the files "D3Launch_ENG.dll" and "Lnchupdr_ENG.dll" to understand what the hell is going on in the game lol. I'm not 100% sure that these are the exact english file names, but the german language file is called "D3Launch_GER.dll" and the spanish file is called "D3Launch_SPN.dll" I can only assume that ENG denotes the english file.

These files can be found in the program files descent 3/language/Launcher and descent 3/language/Lnchupdr respectively.

Anyone willing to help me here can send me an email at epsilonbass@hotmail.com; feel free to attach these files. Seriously...I need help!!! Show compassion! Can anyone help?
d3jake
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You should be able to change the language in the launcher in the far right tab of the "setup" menu.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote

d3jake wrote:
You should be able to change the language in the launcher in the far right tab of the "setup" menu.

Haha, intuitively,yes you would. I forgot to mention that. I tried this already, but I don't seem to have the files to perform the change properly. Even though "English" is selected, everything is in german; the game probably defaulted to german when the ENG files could not be found
Watchernb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
d3jake wrote:

Haha, intuitively,yes you would. I forgot to mention that. I tried this already, but I don't seem to have the files to perform the change properly. Even though "English" is selected, everything is in german; the game probably defaulted to german when the ENG files could not be found

sorry about that post, it was me, Watchernb - still not properly registered Razz
Thorne
Ace

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Watchernb wrote:
I just got descent 3 off of a friend because I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE!

Watchernb wrote:
... off of the Descent 3 website ...

Looks like you found it. Problem should be solved.

Watchernb wrote:
... for all you die hard "gotta BUY the game" people ...

If you don't buy it, that's called software piracy--stealing. Nothing extreme about being on the level there. The descent3.com has a link to Chips & Bits selling D3 for $4.95+shipping. That's an absolute steal! You could easily scrounge up the money for that.

DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

and to expand on thorne's post a bit... it would be english, and you'd have your problem TRULY solved in just a couple days. Wink

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Watchernb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys! I know, I know...everything you say is true. I do plan on getting the game off of the site, I just couldn't wait. That, and it was very spur of the moment "HEY! Is that Descent 3?? Can I borrow that?"

I guess the moral of the story is I should brush up on my German, eh? lol. No buy seriously, at that price, I should have gotten it a long time ago.

Thanks again!
View previous topic :: View next topic