Descent BB

 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

   Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > I can't speak German, so I need someobdy's help rather badly Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Watchernb
Guest




PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I just got descent 3 off of a friend because I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE! Actually, for all you die hard "gotta BUY the game" people, I am planning on buying it for my birthday off of the Descent 3 website in February.

So the reason I'm writing is this: the copy that my friend gave me only has German speech. It sucks because, well....I'm not German.

Anybody wanna help me out? I need the files "D3Launch_ENG.dll" and "Lnchupdr_ENG.dll" to understand what the hell is going on in the game lol. I'm not 100% sure that these are the exact english file names, but the german language file is called "D3Launch_GER.dll" and the spanish file is called "D3Launch_SPN.dll" I can only assume that ENG denotes the english file.

These files can be found in the program files descent 3/language/Launcher and descent 3/language/Lnchupdr respectively.

Anyone willing to help me here can send me an email at epsilonbass@hotmail.com; feel free to attach these files. Seriously...I need help!!! Show compassion! Can anyone help?
d3jake
Ace




PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:55 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You should be able to change the language in the launcher in the far right tab of the "setup" menu.

_________________
"You don't need a deity floating among high with a huge fucking bat to understand the difference between right and wrong." -MD-2389
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote

d3jake wrote:
You should be able to change the language in the launcher in the far right tab of the "setup" menu.

Haha, intuitively,yes you would. I forgot to mention that. I tried this already, but I don't seem to have the files to perform the change properly. Even though "English" is selected, everything is in german; the game probably defaulted to german when the ENG files could not be found
Watchernb
Guest




PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
d3jake wrote:
You should be able to change the language in the launcher in the far right tab of the "setup" menu.

Haha, intuitively,yes you would. I forgot to mention that. I tried this already, but I don't seem to have the files to perform the change properly. Even though "English" is selected, everything is in german; the game probably defaulted to german when the ENG files could not be found


sorry about that post, it was me, Watchernb - still not properly registered Razz
Thorne
Ace




PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Watchernb wrote:
I just got descent 3 off of a friend because I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE!

Watchernb wrote:
... off of the Descent 3 website ...

Looks like you found it. Problem should be solved.

Watchernb wrote:
... for all you die hard "gotta BUY the game" people ...

If you don't buy it, that's called software piracy--stealing. Nothing extreme about being on the level there. The descent3.com has a link to Chips & Bits selling D3 for $4.95+shipping. That's an absolute steal! You could easily scrounge up the money for that.

_________________
"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might;
for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going."
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot




PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:59 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

and to expand on thorne's post a bit... it would be english, and you'd have your problem TRULY solved in just a couple days. Wink

_________________
(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
Watchernb
Guest




PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:05 am Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys! I know, I know...everything you say is true. I do plan on getting the game off of the site, I just couldn't wait. That, and it was very spur of the moment "HEY! Is that Descent 3?? Can I borrow that?"

I guess the moral of the story is I should brush up on my German, eh? lol. No buy seriously, at that price, I should have gotten it a long time ago.

Thanks again!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic
Jump to:  
   Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Support > I can't speak German, so I need someobdy's help rather badly

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Image hosting by postimage.org Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group