Descent BB

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Descent BB Forum Index > Descent Old School > Fusion bug discussion (split from other topic) Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:10 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i wish they (you too, diedel) didnt turn off the ability to hold fusion charge by weapon switching (fusion bug).
i loved that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:51 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

You mean you can charge the fusion, switch weapons, and if you switch back, it is still charged?
BUBBALOU
Insane!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:17 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

UM yeah, actually it's not really a BUG per say you took energy reserves from your core transfered them to fusion and did not release...

Still charged

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:32 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i do not consider it a bug but some did and they did not like it. it was not reffered to in the manual.
it was also not put into d3.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:44 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

With good reason.

It was an old D1 bug that sekmu killed.. and both pyropimps loved it.

if you don't know who the pyropimps are.. you are officially a n00b. Razz
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I think it's a bug and using it is an exploit.

Every 2nd time Bubbalou 'explains' something, I have to ask back. I think he's just too smart for me ... Rolling Eyes

Bubba, what did you mean?
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:49 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

It means if you charge your fusion cannon, switch weapons before letting go and actually firing it the cannon will still be charged if you should switch back, old trick.
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:17 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Alright.

But that had been said before, hadn't it? Somehow I got the impression Bubbalou explained that it worked a little different. Oh well. Thanks for the info.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:08 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

hehe even with full blown yellow screen and 500 meter per move shakes you can switch and it wont hurt a bit until more charge/fire

retarded to think its a bug.
retarded to completely eliminate it.
anyone who does not like it, well you suck and dont want a true descent experience. and its good to use it in sp/co-op just before an energy vulnerable boss...
or anarchy when right behind someone

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:43 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:

anyone who does not like it, well you suck and dont want a true descent experience. and its good to use it in sp/co-op just before an energy vulnerable boss...

LOL.. spoken like a true n00b.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:54 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Ferno wrote:
[NuB-T]Enzo03 wrote:

LOL.. spoken like a true n00b.

yes! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Say please, pretty please, pretty pretty please with cream and a cherry on top, and I will think about adding an option to enable this bug. Razz
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:52 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Hi,
how do i cap my framerates in D2-XXL?
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:46 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

See the render options menu.

A question to the fusion 'bug':

Did it work even if you let go of the fire button, i.e. charge fusion, switch weapon, stop firing, switch back to fusion, charge still there (ofc will drop to zero then because fire button not pressed)?

Because when I tested this with D2X-XL the following worked:

Charge fusion, switch weapon while firing (keep fire button/key pressed), if switching back while firing fusion is still charged.
Diedel
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:56 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Well, the desire for the fusion bug cannot have been that big, given the feedback to my previous post. Razz
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:42 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

srry i couldnt post

you do not have to continue firing.
so charge it, switch, stop firing, switch back, and fire fusion.

best recognizable effect when its overload.
this topic should be split

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:34 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

That's what I needed to know.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:21 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

ur not gonna hunt it to turn it off ru?
AND i believe i may have mentioned this somewhere but i am doubtful of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:57 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Currently you can preserve fusion charge in D2X-XL by switching to another weapon while still pressing the primary fire control, and pressing the primary fire control again before switching back to fusion.

I know already which code is responsible for this, and I have no ambitions to change it.

To emulate the exact behaviour as you described it (which is a little different, which is what I needed to know), I need to change the code however. Currently, if you switch back w/o firing, the charge is lost.
[NuB-T]Enzo03
Ace

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Diedel wrote:
Currently you can preserve fusion charge in D2X-XL by switching to another weapon while still pressing the primary fire control, and pressing the primary fire control again before switching back to fusion.

I know already which code is responsible for this, and I have no ambitions to change it.

To emulate the exact behaviour as you described it (which is a little different, which is what I needed to know), I need to change the code however. Currently, if you switch back w/o firing, the charge is lost.

there may be something that was based off the original d2x that caused this buz they tried to eliminate this. however, i do not have any versions of d2x on my system at this time other than backups in the d: drive sys sav.
i may look into how you did it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 2:15 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

I did nothing so far, the fusion charge can be preserved like I described it with D2X-XL since I began working on it (so probably in D2X, too).
Theftbot
Trainee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:27 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

No one tell Enzo about the other legacy descent fusion bug Smile
kurupt
Hotshot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

i was thinking this thread was about the real fusion bug.

you know, the one that made you go uncontrollably apeshit? =)

(14:31) Barry: Nope.. Def. a turd.. brb
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:45 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

soo... where did enzo go anyway?

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
jesusfr3ak4evr
Ace

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:37 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

Wait, D2 had a fusion bug? Why would anyone use fusion in D2 in the first place? The only weapons a good player uses in D2 are lasers, gauss, and plasma. That's it. Vauss, spreadfire, and fusion all suck.
kurupt
Hotshot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:12 pm View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

jesusfr3ak4evr wrote:
Wait, D2 had a fusion bug? Why would anyone use fusion in D2 in the first place? The only weapons a good player uses in D2 are lasers, gauss, and plasma. That's it. Vauss, spreadfire, and fusion all suck.

I used every weapon in the game very effictively. Some weapons were more situational than others sure, but a good player can use everything at his disposal.

(14:31) Barry: Nope.. Def. a turd.. brb
Behemoth
DBB Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:53 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

actually my d2 fusion is about as good as d1, it is wrong to say a good player does not use ALL weapons granted to him, because in my opinion if you are only good with a few weapons you are rather decent compared to "good".
Wareagle
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:25 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

jesusfr3ak4evr wrote:

D2 has a Vauss ? I don't think so. I know D3 does.
++fyrephlie++
DBB PostBot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:31 am View user's profile Reply with quote Send private message

D2 had second primaries all the way up the line...

(19:45:53) JBOMBnsht : go brokebackmountain on that ass and fuck a dude...change it up..ya never know
View previous topic :: View next topic